Porsche Macan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I've yet to perform the install. I have the ebay ones one. Just didn't get the chance yet. Not looking forward to it. The brake pedal on the ebay was very easy. The accelerator was very hard, but part of the problem is it's difficult for me to lay in the position necessary for long to accomplish same.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Osir odered. But only after realized i did not get the dead pedal, does Osir make it? Don't really wanted to mix different styles...

·
Registered
950 Posts
On the advice of the forum I purchased the OSIR pedals as well. Soaking then in hour water made a huge difference. I also used a trim tool & backed the seat all the way up to get in there easier. With those steps taken it ended up being much easier than I expected. Done in five minutes, tops.

The OEM brake pedal rubber is really squishy. I'd been unhappy with the brake pedal feel since delivery and it's much, much better with the new pedal. Just feels tighter. I don't really look at the pedals enough to care how they look but I bought these hoping to fix the feel issue and it's been a success. Very happy and highly recommend the OSIR ones.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've yet to perform the install. I have the ebay ones one. Just didn't get the chance yet. Not looking forward to it. The brake pedal on the ebay was very easy. The accelerator was very hard, but part of the problem is it's difficult for me to lay in the position necessary for long to accomplish same.
@MDJACK, Maybe for once my short stature was of benefit, but I think it was the Dawn detergent coupled with the warm pedals. Having the gloves on made it painless :) I just knelt on the concrete garage floor and used my elbows on the floor of the car as leverage.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
@MDJACK, Maybe for once my short stature was of benefit, but I think it was the Dawn detergent coupled with the warm pedals. Having the gloves on made it painless :) I just knelt on the concrete garage floor and used my elbows on the floor of the car as leverage.

And not having all thumbs helps right ? :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
802 Posts
@Gobbi, I THINK they only have one for RIGHT HAND DRIVE vs right hand traffic. I found a dead pedal on eBay that seems very similar -- for LHD. I might look into it or send an email to OSIR.

Osir odered. But only after realized i did not get the dead pedal, does Osir make it? Don't really wanted to mix different styles...

·
Registered
602 Posts
@Gobbi, I THINK they only have one for RIGHT HAND DRIVE vs right hand traffic. I found a dead pedal on eBay that seems very similar -- for LHD. I might look into it or send an email to OSIR.
Have a look please, there were a few dead pedals mentioned here in the post or similar posts, they all look kinda the same, rubber, aluminium, but you have to be accurate with a dead one, since it stands out most.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Have a look please, there were a few dead pedals mentioned here in the post or similar posts, they all look kinda the same, rubber, aluminium, but you have to be accurate with a dead one, since it stands out most.

@Gobbi,

I got an email response from OSIR today. They have NO plans to design/offer a Left Hand Drive Dead Pedal. :(

The one I saw on eBay is too different, IMO from the OSIR product. Bummer.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I really have no interest in swapping the dead pedal. It's tucked in and hard to see. And judging by someone here who installed one, he wound up with a gap. I'd hate that. I have the sport dead pedal from my ebay order but never used it and won't

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
just installed these with the help of an excellent writeup/post from @windblow. oem from q5 fits perfect. just a bit less expensive than the oem porsche part (did not want to do knock offs). they did take a little while to come in but was well worth it imho. looked like box that they came in was from audi as well as packing materials. seems like seller had them drop shipped. did not want to do knock offs so did not mine paying a bit more.

Audi Q5 QS5 8R TDI Facelift Sport Gas Brake Pedal Automatic 2009 LHD | eBay

Audi Q5 QS5 8R TDI Facelift Sport Dead Pedal Footrest 2009 Only for LHD | eBay

·
Registered
602 Posts
After taking my money OSIR reply later on, ah, and one small thing, your pedals are on backorder :( Anyone can share how much time it was for them if you were gang-bang-ordered as well?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re-awakening this thread and specifically the OSIR pedal installation. I have just received a set today. I see that soaking in hot water and using some Dawn detergent worked for installation. Is there a trick to getting the OE brake pedal rubber off? I'll have to read more and maybe I'll find it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
My OSIR pedals came quickly and were not too difficult to install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pedals

I have that exact setup from OSIR Limulus, very happy with the quality.
Looks good.
OEM Q5 Pedals and dead pedals fit no issues

Audi A4 B8 original S-Line Pedalset S4 Pedale Pedalkappen Fußstütze A5 S5 Q5 SQ5

Condition: New Herstellernummer: 8K1064205B
Referenznummer(n) OEM: Pedalkappenset, Pedalkappensatz, brand new OEM genuine neu, Auflagen Kappen Deckel, nachrüsten, Nachrüstsatz, Nachrüstset, Edelstahl, Satz Set Abdeckungen, dead pedal cover rest footrest, Stütze Ablage Auflage, Fußablage Fußauflage, automatik, pedal pads caps, accelerator brake, Gaspedal Bremspedal Gas Bremse, 8K1064205B, RS4 8K RS5 8T 8F, Limousine Limo sedan, Avant Kombi wagon

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey, you mind sharing with us how you installed these? i see them for a good price $65 on their website and am interested. How do you like them since you've gotten them installed?

My OSIR pedals came quickly and were not too difficult to install.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just installed these pedals from Ultimate Pedals and I think they look pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey 0483, I went to the Ultimate Pedals website, did not see pedals with the “S” like in yours, what’s up? What finish are yours?

201 - 220 of 227 Posts