Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
interesting, so asia model does not have that hole.

Hey Roder, just a question, if you removed the plastic part, how do you mount the brake pedal because I see there are only 3 sides that can clip on. Would it get loose.
I just put some Velcro on the back of the new pedal and on the metal of the pedal on the car. Happy days no movement or issues what so ever :)

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
so I just installed the brake pedal and gas pedal. Upon removing the OEM brake pedal, one can immediately feel the rubber is much better quality, has completely different finish also. The rubber surrounds on the outside are stiffer on the OEM to hold to the pedal better. I guess so long as the rubber tabs extend through the bare metal of the pedal, it will be fine.

The gas pedal is a PIA to get on. Such a small area in the footwell to work with. I never noticed that the OEM pedal appears so thin and almost plastic like, being one piece with the entire arm. This pedal slips over it, and that is a huge misnomer. It is exceedingly difficult to stretch it over but I finally got it. They look okay but are not a big improvement. I am doubting whether I will use the dead pedal. The oem pedal looks fine to me and it a perfect fit. I'd hate to put this on on and have gaps as has been reported in the DIY replacement of the dead pedal thread indicates.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Someone posted those Osir's way back on this thread (or a different pedals thread), they look very nice. I have the Ebay Audi knock-offs that everyone has and they are junk. They look better than the stock ones but I agree they are a btch to put on. I didn't bother with the dead pedal as I also didn't want the hassle of it and don't love the look anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
For anyone that has installed the 3 piece set, how hard is it removing all the trim pieces to get to the dead pedal? My concern is the hood release and the trim parts in that area.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
For anyone that has installed the 3 piece set, how hard is it removing all the trim pieces to get to the dead pedal? My concern is the hood release and the trim parts in that area.

Search forum for SoCalS5 's experience with these.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Similar to @MDJAK's comments, I found the brake and accelerator pedals to be the most challenging to install, as it was hard to get enough leverage to stretch the rubber channel over the base pedal. For me, the dead pedal was actually the easiest. The trim pieces come off and go back on pretty easily. Just need to be a little patient when re-installing the hood release. Follow the steps as outlined in @windblow's post.....which you can find here:

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/interior/19986-how-remove-install-dead-pedal.html

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Similar to @MDJAK's comments, I found the brake and accelerator pedals to be the most challenging to install, as it was hard to get enough leverage to stretch the rubber channel over the base pedal. For me, the dead pedal was actually the easiest. The trim pieces come off and go back on pretty easily. Just need to be a little patient when re-installing the hood release. Follow the steps as outlined in @windblow's post.....which you can find here:

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/interior/19986-how-remove-install-dead-pedal.html
Thank you, I had no issues with the accelerator and brakes pedals, a little "fiddly" but fairly easy.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just ordered the osir pedals. Thanks for that post.
I just ordered a set of the OSIR's after I saw your post, MDJAK. I was the OP on these about 6-7 months ago. I called them at that time, but they had not yet verified a fit for the Macan. Nice to see they list the Macan on their website now. Can't wait to put them on! I've had the stock pedals since day one, and have been dying to get something better. I just did not like the ones on Ebay/Suncoast. Fingers crossed for both of us that they fit perfectly!

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I just ordered a set of the OSIR's after I saw your post, MDJAK. I was the OP on these about 6-7 months ago. I called them at that time, but they had not yet verified a fit for the Macan. Nice to see they list the Macan on their website now. Can't wait to put them on! I've had the stock pedals since day one, and have been dying to get something better. I just did not like the ones on Ebay/Suncoast. Fingers crossed for both of us that they fit perfectly!
They fit perfectly. These folks do contract work for Audi.

The hot water idea just posted might be smart. They are stiff. I vaguely recall needing to use force to get the two central locators in the brake pedal to fully insert - It was a while ago.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
And naturally they are now back ordered. I truly dislike dealing with companies that don't have a realtime inventory system.

But I must add even B&Hphotovideo.com, probably the best website on the Internet, which does have a realtime inventory system, doesn't have the ability to distinguish if an item is in stock in the store or in the warehouse. So one can see it in stock on the site, go to the store to purchase it, only to find it's not in stock in the store but is at the warehouse, which means you are not going home with the item that day.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
And naturally they are now back ordered. I truly dislike dealing with companies that don't have a realtime inventory system.

But I must add even B&Hphotovideo.com, probably the best website on the Internet, which does have a realtime inventory system, doesn't have the ability to distinguish if an item is in stock in the store or in the warehouse. So one can see it in stock on the site, go to the store to purchase it, only to find it's not in stock in the store but is at the warehouse, which means you are not going home with the item that day.
@MDJAK Lol why do you think B&H have the best site? Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special either.

Off the top of my head, Best Buy, Lowes, and Home Depot show Online vs. In Store inventory in my area.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Got my pedals today from OSIR. Quality difference is apparent over the ebay ones. The rubber surrounds are better shaped, better made and stiffer. Only slight complaint is they put their name on one of the pieces of rubber on each pedal. Perhaps this is disclosed on their site, perhaps it's in the pics, but I didn't notice it. However, it will never be seen on the pedals anyway.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Got my pedals today from OSIR. Quality difference is apparent over the ebay ones. The rubber surrounds are better shaped, better made and stiffer. Only slight complaint is they put their name on one of the pieces of rubber on each pedal. Perhaps this is disclosed on their site, perhaps it's in the pics, but I didn't notice it. However, it will never be seen on the pedals anyway.
That was my small complaint too. Hate all these selfish self branders who don't pay me an advertising fee:( but you can hardly see it.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I just looked on the site and clear as the nose on my face is their name emblazoned on the lowermost rubber of the pedals. Didn't see it when I ordered. But as stated it will never be seen.

Not to go OT but Weather Tech mats make a license plate frame I wanted, over a hundred bucks I believe, billet aluminum, beautiful, beefy. Supposedly made to order. Can't imagine they sell too many of them. But it says Weather Tech across the bottom of the frame. Really? Are they kidding? I'm going to pay them $125 and advertise for them on my license plate frame? Hardly.

·
Registered
802 Posts
@MDJAK, Did you have any issues getting them on? I got the same ones (I hope I ordered the right ones) and I wasn't able to get them on when I tried the other day -- I only had a few minutes and haven't tried again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
@MDJAK, Did you have any issues getting them on? I got the same ones (I hope I ordered the right ones) and I wasn't able to get them on when I tried the other day -- I only had a few minutes and haven't tried again.
Hi Janene,

I received my OSIR pedals early last week and I have installed them already. As some folks mentioned on here with the Suncoast & Ebay brand, the accelerator pedal was the tough one to get on. I found that the accelerator pedal was the EASY one to get on with the OSIR. I struggled quite a bit with the brake pedal cover. It was really tough getting the rubber plugs to go all the way into the holes on the metal plate. Someone said soaking in hot water made it easier, but since the plugs are somewhat soft already, I had to put them in the freezer to stiffen them up! Finally, after about three tries in and out of the freezer I was able to get them to go in. Whew... not as easy as I thought it would be. I hope you and @MDJAK have better luck!!

Here is a pic....

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sport Pedals on!

Got them on with no problem via:
1) Mtn bike gloves - I have small weak hands
2) Soaking pedals in hot water with Dawn dish soap
3) Lighly washing stump pedals with water and Dawn Soap

Took just a few minutes, I only used hot tap water. Soaked for less than 5 min.

Attachments

181 - 200 of 227 Posts