Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo.... I have been driving my GTS around for about 1,000 miles now and I just can't stand driving in "Normal Mode". Sport definitely makes the car come to life for me. Does anyone know if the car can be programmed to keep Sport Mode locked?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pet peeve of mine as well. It was worse on the 911 though ... It should be sport all of the time! Give me the Eco button instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
One would think it would be possible to code the car's computers to do this. If this was a BMW forum, you can be sure the one of the forum members would have already figured this out :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,030 Posts
But pressing the Sport button is not so hard. I actually don't want to lock in Sport mode, particularly when engine is cold.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I can´t imagine it would be too complicated to make a small circuit that defaults to NC vs NO (normally closed circuit vs normally open). I will start looking at building one... I guess this would be very popular in this forum for a group buy... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can´t imagine it would be too complicated to make a small circuit that defaults to NC vs NO (normally closed circuit vs normally open). I will start looking at building one... I guess this would be very popular in this forum for a group buy... ;)
Alex - Bring it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Its literally a zero-brain power / automatic habit to hit the sport button after I turn on the vehicle. Muscle memory at this point.

I did like the idea of someone putting a nub / felt sticky on the sport button so you can feel for it with out looking down..

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I like the oil temp to get up to about 180 before activating Sport mode...so I'm cool with it not being a default setting.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I like the oil temp to get up to about 180 before activating Sport mode...so I'm cool with it not being a default setting.
smart...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
in fact, on my Audi RS4, you could not engage sport mode until the engine had warmed up. Soft cut-out kept the engine revs about 500 or 1000 rpm below the redline as well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
If the car is not warmed up, it doesn't really go into sport mode even if the button is pressed.

As for the original question: just make it part of your routine:
Start car
Seat belt
Sport button
Parking brake off

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
...I did like the idea of someone putting a nub / felt sticky on the sport button so you can feel for it with out looking down..
I feel from bottom up & count the number of raised bars (in my case...4) & the next button up is Sports Mode. So I can feel for it & press it w/o taking my eyes off the road. Takes me 2-3 seconds now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If the car is not warmed up, it doesn't really go into sport mode even if the button is pressed.

As for the original question: just make it part of your routine:
Start car
Seat belt
Sport button
Parking brake off
Don't even need to take parking brake off manually (although I do). You can Simply put it into drive and hit the accel. and it will disengage (learned it on one of my 'Get to know your Macan emails). Its similar to disengaging the 'hold' feature (if you've used it at a stop light before).

But yes - thumb hits sport button, pinky or someother finger hits parking brake off. Habit.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Sooooo.... I have been driving my GTS around for about 1,000 miles now and I just can't stand driving in "Normal Mode". Sport definitely makes the car come to life for me. Does anyone know if the car can be programmed to keep Sport Mode locked?
I find that normal mode is very beneficial during a car's warm up . I like sport mode too but will only select it after the car is warmed up. Normal mode is also beneficial in gridlock traffic. It's smoother in that constant 0-10 MPH (stop and start) range.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts