·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
The dealer hourly rate is like $250 here. :eek:

·
Registered
150 Posts
The dealer hourly rate is like $250 here. :eek:
That's insane, they must have degrees in astrophysics as well.

If I were you, I would call some shops down south and make a day trip out of it. Since they'll loan you a Cayenne, you can do some sightseeing while they work on your car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had a BMW M4 before getting the Macan. It had launch control never used it.... But I took part in BMW Performance Training classes in Germany. At those classes there was no talk or testing of the launch control system. Even if I get some flak here in this tread I still believe in what I wrote. Period!

They are teaching you to drive in those classes. They are teaching you how to do things for yourself. Of course they’re not going to teach you to use launch control! Launch control is a driver’s aid. Once you learn how to drive from a “purist” perspective, then launch control can be better utilized and appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
49 Posts
Question for those who retrofitted this: What did you receive from the dealer you bought the "part" from? I ordered from Sunset Parts/Porsche Beaverton and I just got an envelope with the installation instructions below indicating an enabling code is needed, which was enclosed in a plastic bag with my order info printed on it. I took it, and the button panel, to my local dealer for installation.

- My local dealer was under the impression that I needed to call PCNA myself to get this code.
- I called PCNA, and the person didn't know what I was talking about, so she called my service advisor and they determined that the dealer I purchased it from needed to open a ticket with PCNA to get the code generated.
- I called Sunset/Beaverton who agreed and opened a ticket with PCNA. That was 3 days ago.
- Today I called to see what was going on and Sunset was told by PCNA that no activation code needs to be generated for Sport Plus.

I now have a car with a useless Sport Plus button and nobody knows what to do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@kimchee411 hey, just got mine done. Did you get a laminated card from Sunset? (See image). You need to cut open the laminated card. Inside, the folded paper is a code your technician needs to punch into PIWIS tool to enable the Sport Plus feature.

This took 2 trips and several calls to my dealer and them opening a ticket and calling Porsche over three weeks! (Bad training and instructions from Porsche.)

You owe me a jar of kimchee now.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did get that product label in the form of a sticker sealing an envelope. Inside the envelope were only the installation instructions: no code. I can't believe you had to go through a similar hassle to get this done! You would think for what dealerships charge for service they would know about these processes, or would at least have an inside support number to get some quick answers.

Thanks for sharing, very helpful. I would gladly give you a jar of kimchee but the best I can do is the stuff I get from Costco. #badkorean

·
Registered
481 Posts
I did get that product label in the form of a sticker sealing an envelope. Inside the envelope were only the installation instructions: no code. I can't believe you had to go through a similar hassle to get this done! You would think for what dealerships charge for service they would know about these processes, or would at least have an inside support number to get some quick answers.

Thanks for sharing, very helpful. I would gladly give you a jar of kimchee but the best I can do is the stuff I get from Costco. #badkorean
That's ashame you had to go through this hassle - however, the dealer might have been more accommodating if you had purchased the part from them. Still no excuse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely. My SA is a great guy and very nice to work with, so I'm trying not to drag him into it too much. As for the people at Sunset... well I'll reserve judgement until this thing plays out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
@jeffbtx, I agree. My dealer seemed to imply that all of this wouldn't have happened had I got the parts from them. I felt that was a petty assertion. IMO, it's quality issue with Porsche. They don't seem to provide clear instructions/training (or protocol) on these should be sold, distributed and installed--specifically how the code is obtained. Luckily, I was just charged 2 hours for labor--since I installed the switch myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got a notification that my S+ kit has shipped, from Sunset. Hopefully they have their part of the upgrade sorted out. I called the two local dealerships this morning, to check on labor costs and schedule the install. I'm still waiting for them to return my call.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So, called both of them again, this morning. This afternoon the dealer nearest me returned my call and booked my appointment. I booked it for a couple weeks out, just to play it safe. The Remus cat-back system is scheduled to be installed tomorrow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The "kit" (95B-044-900-70) arrived yesterday. A plastic bag marked "Sport Plus Buttom" with a paper envelope in it. No switch, no wiring harness. A call to the parts supplier today, reveals that the button and harness are extra. I have now placed the additional order for the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The buttons arrived. Big thanks to Luke at Sunset! The install is scheduled for tomorrow morning. The dealer says it should only take a couple hours. While I'm there, I'll have the beeper eliminated from the rear hatch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I 'm new to the forum

I have located a Sports Chrono Stopwatch and would like to retrofit this to my MY15 Macan S Diesel.

The stopwatch unit does not have a wiring harness.

Can anyone advise what part number to look for?,

I have seen wiring from China which is has a plug in one end and open wires on the other end - is soldering required ?

Can any one provide pictures / advice on the steps required to retrofit this to the car?

Having seen the previous posts on the topic none seems to have any pictures of the event or a detailed "how to"
Greatly appreciate any advice

Regards
Mick S

401 - 420 of 424 Posts