Porsche Macan Forum banner

381 - 400 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did this retrofit two years ago, but it still makes me grin whenever I activate it.

@Trued, congrats on your awesome Cobb tuned Macan 2.0L and you should know that we are all very happy for you! :rolleyes:
You guys are killing me!
WHAM with the right hand!

Reactions: rtcarlin

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just added Sport Plus Retro fit at Porsche dealer here in Massachusetts. Here’s what the retail is and what I was charged
Kit - $905. Paid $685
Switch - $100 Paid $65
Labor - 1.5 Hours Paid $201

I would suggest that you talk directly to the parts mgr to see what they will charge. I called around to multiple dealerships to see what they would charge then called the dealer where I got the Macan and he was willing to match and in some instances do better than what I was quoted elsewhere.
this is exactly why I did not opt out SC because it is CHEAPER to get it later! :) haha
from build it was somewhere around $1300 ish /.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Had a BMW M4 before getting the Macan. It had launch control never used it.... But I took part in BMW Performance Training classes in Germany. At those classes there was no talk or testing of the launch control system. Even if I get some flak here in this tread I still believe in what I wrote. Period!

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is exactly why I did not opt out SC because it is CHEAPER to get it later! :) haha
from build it was somewhere around $1300 ish /.
Darn! I ordered that Sport Chrono Package i.c.w PCM for $1310. That means I "paid" $359 USD for that center console clock which is the only feature I wanted from the package. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I read about all the Sport Plus retrofits and dealer installs around $1000, but I realize a lot of the posts are fairly old. My dealer is quoting around $1500 for my 2016 Macan S which came without S+ (North California). Are they ripping me off, or has the price on the S+ gone-up a lot? Thx.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I read about all the Sport Plus retrofits and dealer installs around $1000, but I realize a lot of the posts are fairly old. My dealer is quoting around $1500 for my 2016 Macan S which came without S+ (North California). Are they ripping me off, or has the price on the S+ gone-up a lot? Thx.
Suncoast has it for about $800 - don't know about install costs. See if your dealer will match Suncoast - many times my local dealer will.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU95BSPORT.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had a BMW M4 before getting the Macan. It had launch control never used it.... But I took part in BMW Performance Training classes in Germany. At those classes there was no talk or testing of the launch control system. Even if I get some flak here in this tread I still believe in what I wrote. Period!
You missed out!! The launch control on the M4 was like launching a rocket!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just retrofitted mine last week. Don't both on auto mode, Manual mode is where it shines. Haven't tried launch control yet.
It really turns the GTS into a sports car as it smashes in the gears on the up shifts and the rev matching on downshifts.

Cobb Tune NEXT!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Buy the parts yourself. There are many sources online for <$700 shipped. Dealer should charge about 2 hours ($400-$500) for install. Speaking from experience.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Yes is true. I have installed too. Is 780$ including shipping at suncpast and I pay 290$ installation ..is other dealer
https://www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-sport-plus-mode-subsequent-installation-95b04490070?origin=pla&keyword=&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeRUoZBV7iClXJ8QPhxRy0YZWFf4YBecFWIrZl3-DwaRoopI-i3zAXMaApIKEALw_wcB
See the link is 683.83$ the part
I never buy from them..maybe some one on the forum did..is the cheapest i see around
Is totally worthy is funn
Sonnen Porsche is a big dealer in the north Bay Area. The price is good. I will call them tomorrow to find out the installation cost.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Just called Porsche of Fremont and they charge $600 for installation. Parts are about $700-800 with discounts.

If the total cost approaches $1300, it’s probably better just to get the Cobb tune. You can go light with the OEM+ tune map if you are conservative.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
True. With Cobb tune you don’t need a PDK tune and you get a power boost.

As for warranty, it’s up to the individuals. My factory warranty expires in less than a year so Cobb tune is a better option.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just called Porsche of Fremont and they charge $600 for installation. Parts are about $700-800 with discounts.

If the total cost approaches $1300, it’s probably better just to get the Cobb tune. You can go light with the OEM+ tune map if you are conservative.

I have the parts and instructions (posted in somewhere in this forum). There's really two parts: 1. installing the physical switch panel and 2. enabling the software via PIWIS. I'm going to install the switch--looks pretty easy. Then I'll go discuss the software update instructions with the service manager. It should really take no more than an hour but I'll settle for 2 hours. Dealer rates are from $130-160/hr depending what region you live in.

I'll try to post the video of the switch install here when I get it done this weekend.

BTW, even if you eventually get the COBB tune, it would be more enjoyable/complete with Launch Control (from the Sport Plus) enabled, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

381 - 400 of 425 Posts