Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have noticed a very annoying rattle coming from the clock. It happens either over bumps or when I tap the clock/around it. I didn't find anything like this on this forum. Any solution?

My dealer also told me that rattles are not covered under CPO. Is this BS in this case? Should I put some pressure on the dealer? My dealer has been good to me except of that squeaks and rattles comments.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So looks like the sport chrono cover was rattling against the dash, i strategically placed a small peace of felt tape between the plastic cover and dash against the windshield and that seem to be resolved.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A strategic portion of Porsche engineering comes from this magic called duct tape.
Not sure if duct tape would do but I think my $7 3M felt tape is yet my best investment into my Macan.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Easy enough to pop out the assembly....
I do not disagree, but I read somewhere here that this rattle could be caused by AC flaps out of sync so didn't want to remove anything without confirming where the sound is coming from. I will have to pop it anyway as my center burm speaker finally arrived.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What did it sound like? Like two pieces of metal hitting each other? Or perhaps like a piece of change was loose in the dashboard? I have a driver side rattle and I’m trying to figure out the source. It seems like it’s coming from the clock area. I can only hear it after I’ve been driving for the car consistently for like 45 minutes or so.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What did it sound like? Like two pieces of metal hitting each other? Or perhaps like a piece of change was loose in the dashboard? I have a driver side rattle and I’m trying to figure out the source. It seems like it’s coming from the clock area. I can only hear it after I’ve been driving for the car consistently for like 45 minutes or so.
If that's the sport chrono watch you can tap around it and reproduce the sound. that's how it worked for me. or you can just squeeze the credit card between the panels and see if it resolves the rattle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If that's the sport chrono watch you can tap around it and reproduce the sound. that's how it worked for me. or you can just squeeze the credit card between the panels and see if it resolves the rattle.
Thanks. I’ll try putting a credit card between the panels. There is no sound from tapping. But if I recall, one time I heard the sound pushed down around the panels and it stopped. I ordered some Krytox from Amazon that I’m gonna try putting around there. Apparently this lubricant what a previous dealer used to clear up some noises caused from rubbing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts