Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a lazy Saturday detailing and polishing my paint. I wish I had more time (energy) to take the wheels off and clean behind them...maybe next Saturday. I love how this Sapphire Blue drastically changes in direct sunlight!

The paint was already really clean so I just used Meguiar's 105 in the few problem areas and then Meguiar's 205 top to bottom with my Dewalt orbital. Finished it off with a Collinite No. 845 insulator wax. If anyone is looking for a good wax this stuff will bead water for up to a year.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Looks amazing. I wish I had your energy and skills. I am not very patient so the work won’t be that good. My Macan is going for detail in a few weeks. For $450 it will get a clay bar treatment followed by waxing and all finishes.

Reactions: TXRed and BDEBDE

·
Registered
197 Posts
Spent a lazy Saturday detailing and polishing my paint. I wish I had more time (energy) to take the wheels off and clean behind them...maybe next Saturday. I love how this Sapphire Blue drastically changes in direct sunlight!

The paint was already really clean so I just used Meguiar's 105 in the few problem areas and then Meguiar's 205 top to bottom with my Dewalt orbital. Finished it off with a Collinite No. 845 insulator wax. If anyone is looking for a good wax this stuff will bead water for up to a year.

View attachment 255636

View attachment 255637
stunning! how did u apply the 845? hand or orbital ? and if orbital what kind?

·
Registered
2018 Macan
5 Posts

View attachment 255636

View attachment 255637
looks great! Well done! Question for you... when you do a heavier compound, do you bother to tape anything off? I spent hours taping off glass and trim worrying about spin off and removing it.. I feel like that may have been wasted time.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great! Well done! Question for you... when you do a heavier compound, do you bother to tape anything off?
Thank you. I don't tape much of anything off, I wash the car right after the polish and any spinoff compound comes right off with the pressure washer. If I am polishing around plastic trim/door handles I will tape them off to prevent any burn through if the polisher gets close.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Great job car looks fantastic. There’s nothing like seeing the results of a hard days work and you should be proud.

Reactions: BDEBDE

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great

What pad do you use on your orbital?
Thanks! I guess the correct term for my Dewalt is a polisher/variable speed buffer. I'm an old school detailer and prefer this to the dual action or random orbitals. I use a 5.5" DP orange pad for the 105 and a 5.5" DP black pad for the 205.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Got my wife’s car detailed today. It looks amazing. The detailer shared some of the products he uses in his shop.

Americana Global Ceramic Aftercare Soap - Infused with Silica SiO2 (Gallon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1LDF2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TXJP900YBPC7HJF9BH4B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

CARPRO Reset - Intensive Car Shampoo Wash Perfect Partner to Nanotechnology Based Sealants and Coatings, P-Neutral Shampoo - Liter (34oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MLG4CX2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XFY1RJ9PXV1RT9QM1FSF

CARPRO Reload Spray Sealant 500ml with Sprayer_Glass-Like Gloss, Hydrophobicity and Silica Nanotechnology, Repels Dirt, Spray-On, Wipe-Off Car Sealant. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9A0AC8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_198XBT13HSXQQW2S6SDG

XPEL - R1390 Ceramic Boost 16 oz -Si02 Silica Based Spray That Creates a Super Slick Finish Beads and Repels Water https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDBHLRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S9DJDXTM63CYFJZACBY1

Reactions: BDEBDE and airhead

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How often do you do this type of paint correction?
Hi! I do this to any car I get soon after I buy it. I just got the Macan a couple weeks ago and I usually only keep a car for 2 years or so.
That being said, I can usually keep the paint this clean for a couple years. Every 6-8 months I will put on a new coat of wax and if I still have the car after two years I’ll do another paint correction if it really needs it.

·
Registered
2015 Macan S
1 Posts
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Plant Wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

View attachment 255636

View attachment 255637
Gorgeous!

My 2015 S is in the same color!
Water Blue Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 30 Posts