Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Reading the analogue speed-o-meter ? It's been a while for me ...

Perhaps it should just be made another multi function screen with a virtual analogue speed-o-meter as one of the options ?
Could not agree with you more.

I like to drive with the steering wheel fully lowered in my lap and not telescoped at all (as far away from me as possible), and I can't see the analog speedometer needle.

So yes at least in my case they could do something better with that piece of real estate on the instrument panel.

Now what I would REALLY like is to have the instrument panel move up and down with the steering wheel, a la 928! Of course the chances of that are less than getting an HUD. And I would not complain if they gave us the Porsche version of the Audi virtual cockpit.

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
745 Posts
I love the Macan S in every aspect; and i will own one soon. I am just concerned that without good simple visual of speed, chances of speeding tickets are surely increased. Sadly, the sales guy never told me about the digital display and once I parked I first looked at it and saw the number 7..I inquired about that and he said it stood for 7 speed transmission ..hmmm, really??
You're getting a bit of grief here. Consider it in the good natured way that it is intended. 0:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't say I've ever once looked for the speedometer.
Digital at the bottom is way too convenient.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Since the OP posted this 3+ years ago, I wonder if he bought the Macan or not.

Reactions: Shark and nishs

·
Registered
416 Posts
I agree with what others have said here about the speedometer on the left being useless and rarely ever looked at by any Porsche drivers -- given the large digital speed read-out on the bottom of the tachometer. And I agree what others have said about the real need for Porsche to nix the speedometer gauge and put a useful display there that the driver can optionally build. The speedometer gauge is one of the biggest head-scratchers in all Porsches...

·
Registered
164 Posts
So the key/fob is on the left hand side of the steering column as homage to racing heritage of Le Mans. What other homage is there in the macan line?

porsche shield on center caps point faces the valve stem

any others?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
So the key/fob is on the left hand side of the steering column as homage to racing heritage of Le Mans. What other homage is there in the macan line?

porsche shield on center caps point faces the valve stem

any others?
Why move this thread ? Granted the 5 dials with large tachometer in the center is a tradition but there are other things .

·
Registered
164 Posts
They move/merge threads WAAAAAY to easily here. I searched and there were NO threads on this subject

61 - 69 of 69 Posts