Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beloved pristine Volcano grey Macan GTS was keyed all the way around and over the hood today. To say I am angry and sick doesn't capture how I really feel, but that's a topic for another place. My question is to California bay area people, can anyone suggest a good paint shop? I will be needing one. I searched this forum and found nothing about repainting. The majority of the key marks are deep and all the way through so it's doubtful a buffing will take care of it. Santa Clara County area preferred, but can go a little farther out. I'll ask my dealership tomorrow but hoped for some non-biased referrals. This isn't going to be cheap....sigh. I hope my insurance covers it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow. Where did this happen? I live in the Bay Area as well. If I saw someone doing this to my car, I would literally kick his ass.

What kind of low life scumbag does this??

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wow. Where did this happen? I live in the Bay Area as well. If I saw someone doing this to my car, I would literally kick his ass.

Someone who due to lack of personal transport has to take BART to the welfare office ?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

An investigation is ongoing so I will have to hold my comments, just need a good paint shop to get it pretty again.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That happened to me back in the day. It is so sickening to walk out to your beautiful car and find someone has found their way to fight against your image of success. I hope those little pissants are rotting in ****.
I wanted to throw up. I intend to find out who, and press charges. It’s a felony.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Unfortunately things like this don’t seem to get investigated too much. Once I had my Ducati 1199s and my ktm duke stolen back to back one day after another!! Cops did nothing.... was pretty sad to see those bikes destroyed when they finally found them. Cars getting keyed are usually by ex’s. You didn’t happen to piss off a female did you? Lol

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
My beloved pristine Volcano grey Macan GTS was keyed all the way around and over the hood today. To say I am angry and sick doesn't capture how I really feel, but that's a topic for another place. My question is to California bay area people, can anyone suggest a good paint shop? I will be needing one. I searched this forum and found nothing about repainting. The majority of the key marks are deep and all the way through so it's doubtful a buffing will take care of it. Santa Clara County area preferred, but can go a little farther out. I'll ask my dealership tomorrow but hoped for some non-biased referrals. This isn't going to be cheap....sigh. I hope my insurance covers it.
View attachment 229306
Sorry to hear this . I know your pain all too well . I once had my entire front end torn off to take the xenon lights (back in 2003 with my 2002 996). All I could do was get it fixed and move on . I do have a friend in the region who buys his cars at Niello . I'll shoot him an e mail and see if he can suggest something. Hang in there .

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sucks.... but why do I feel there's more to this horrific incident.

Are you single? Had a little run in with a "fling"...? In a pissing match with someone? Other?
Takes a lot of courage to key a car these days. Especially, a "High end" car and with cameras, monitoring systems everywhere you turn. IMHO....keying a car is typically a "Personal" attack. So.. what else is behind this unfortunate "Keying"?.

Good luck with the investigation and repair.

Reactions: SJG

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
View attachment 229306
In case you're not aware, there's a site for determining Porsche-approved collision centers (I learned about this from some other post on the forum, some time ago):

I just put in 94123, and four SF-area centers were shown. I'm guessing that collision repair includes painting, right?

Good luck, and sorry to hear about the incident (but as long as you have your health, and friends, and friends' health, etc., things could be much worse).

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
OP -- My friend answered my e mail . The reviews look outstanding too. Keep in mind that he is in Davis but I value his opinion with Porsches .
Jake Tomlinson
Jake Tomlinson & Company
13810 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
530-888-7163

·
Registered
443 Posts
very sorry to see. best of luck with the repair on it.

Reactions: SCZRN

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
So sorry. I am sick of my stomach just to see it. The same happened to me back in the day in a third world country. Sad to see that happening in the US.

Reactions: SCZRN

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In case you're not aware, there's a site for determining Porsche-approved collision centers (I learned about this from some other post on the forum, some time ago):

I just put in 94123, and four SF-area centers were shown. I'm guessing that collision repair includes painting, right?

Good luck, and sorry to hear about the incident (but as long as you have your health, and friends, and friends' health, etc., things could be much worse).
Thank you! That’s helpful!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP -- My friend answered my e mail . The reviews look outstanding too. Keep in mind that he is in Davis but I value his opinion with Porsches .
Jake Tomlinson
Jake Tomlinson & Company
13810 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
530-888-7163
Thank you Larry, that is a bit far away but not too far to prevent me from going. I’ll check it out.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That happened to me back in the day. It is so sickening to walk out to your beautiful car and find someone has found their way to fight against your image of success. I hope those little pissants are rotting in ****.
****? Yeah. It hurts. Hurts a lot especially being 'cherry'.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
What word is that? All I see are four asterisks, followed by "-o."

I bet you could type with spaces, or dashes, etc., in between letters, e.g., d-a-d-g-u-m-m-i-t. Of course, keep in mind that this is a family-oriented site.

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
That's bad! Sorry to hear it.

Now with the new law in CA not to prosecute any property damage less than $900 things will get worse. My friend's MB windows got smashed and cops would do nothing about it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts