1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Single exhaust?

I can't link it or find it on the net anywhere else but there is a technical drawing in that link that shows the exhaust on the S. Sadly it looks like a single thin exhaust out of the manifold that only splits after the axle. You'd think they could have true dual exhaust, heck even nissan can pull that off. Might be a good opportunity to get some hp back.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can't link it or find it on the net anywhere else but there is a technical drawing in that link that shows the exhaust on the S. Sadly it looks like a single thin exhaust out of the manifold that only splits after the axle. You'd think they could have true dual exhaust, heck even nissan can pull that off. Might be a good opportunity to get some hp back.
Dodgy website, I had to use flashget to download all the images (couldn't even view them in the browser). Do you mean this one?

I suspect this may be the diesel, the yellow filter thing in the downpipe could be a diesel particulate filter?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Yes, thanks. That's close, the other one had a bigger manifold but still to the rear and still only a single pipe back to the cat-back. It was a ghost-image showing the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes, thanks. That's close, the other one had a bigger manifold but still to the rear and still only a single pipe back to the cat-back. It was a ghost-image showing the whole vehicle.
This one? It's the diesel (diesel badge on the front fender)

edit: I wonder what that blue tank is (next to the fuel tank)

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Yes! I mistook the catalytic ( i think ) for a proper manifold. I'll just be quiet until i see a proper exhaust set up for the S or Turbo. One would hope they took as much time on the exhaust as the dual intakes.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'll just be quiet until i see a proper exhaust set up for the S or Turbo. One would hope they took as much time on the exhaust as the dual intakes.
Turbo's exhaust system:

·
Registered
972 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.