Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm selling the original tail lights that came in my 2018 Macan GTS bought I Oct 2018 in Porsche Austin.
Since they're from GTS, they have a darker tone (they're tinted) - could be a direct replacement for your GTS or a nice upgrade to the standard red lights that come in Base, S or Turbo.

Comes as a complete set, with left and right tail lights.

They're 100% operation and look like new.
I had them replaced with a European version as I wanted amber indicators.
I had them taken off by Porsche Austin few days ago (Feb 3rd 2018) - can show paperwork.

Asking price $475

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wish there would be available aftermarket tail lights for the pre-facelift, mimicking the four strips of LED's on the new models. They're so much more Porsche like and the touch is so premium looking, not saying the old design is not unique and fitting, I just like to have an option.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wish there would be available aftermarket tail lights for the pre-facelift, mimicking the four strips of LED's on the new models. They're so much more Porsche like and the touch is so premium looking, not saying the old design is not unique and fitting, I just like to have an option.
I’ve been thinking about using tint film to completely blackout the outer rear light except for 2 upper and lower 2” strips to mimic the newer look.

Laminex has a precut kit. Has anyone tried it out? Porsche Macan (15- ) Tail Light Covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
20 Posts
Who put aftermarket lights on their Porsche?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I’ve been thinking about using tint film to completely blackout the outer rear light except for 2 upper and lower 2” strips to mimic the newer look.

Laminex has a precut kit. Has anyone tried it out? Porsche Macan (15- ) Tail Light Covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have. And maaaannnnn its a PITA to install! Not to mention it didn’t come out too well.
Hence my interest in these lights!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool. Do you have new pictures of the euro versions? :)
They look exactly the same (even with the lights ON) - it's only when I put hazard lights or indicators is flashes orange. Quite an experience ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got a pic/vid of these Euro tails in action ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Here's a quick video with the amber (EURO) indicators. I think the GIF doesn't reflect how bright and orange they actually are. I love it!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
370 Posts
I installed with soap and water. The trouble is forming them to the deep curves of the lights. The pre cut film only allows for minimal stretching. Which is the downfall to the kit..

Reactions: Killboy

·
Registered
114 Posts
They look exactly the same (even with the lights ON) - it's only when I put hazard lights or indicators is flashes orange. Quite an experience ;-)
So does the outer ring light up at all? With headlights on is the center strip still red? And just switches to yellow for turn signal?

Curious as to how these operates. I know there is a variety of discussion on region specific tail lights but curious how these operate when you just plug them into us spec car. Did you have to get them coded?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So does the outer ring light up at all? With headlights on is the center strip still red? And just switches to yellow for turn signal?

Curious as to how these operates. I know there is a variety of discussion on region specific tail lights but curious how these operate when you just plug them into us spec car. Did you have to get them coded?
The ring remains unchanged in the EURO lights - it's only for stop-light. It's the center LED strip that can now have a constant red for regular beam + flashing orange for indicators...but it kinda comes from the same center strip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Price drop to $500

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Price drop to $475

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.