Porsche Macan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transmission mount insert is designed to fill the large void in the OEM transmission mount. It will significantly reduce transmission movement to make shifts more crisp. This mount is similar to one from Eurocode and 034 Motorsports. Not realizing of the coming China shutdown due to COVID19, it was taking longer than expected to be delivered. Rather than continuing to wait who knows how long, I ordered another one from a US supplier. Then this one was delivered a week later. Works great. Check out the Forum discussion for more info. Brand new. $10 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I thought I had read where the torque puts additional strain on the motor mounts since you've eliminated an area (tranny) that previously was helping with the torque flexing. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I had read where the torque puts additional strain on the motor mounts since you've eliminated an area (tranny) that previously was helping with the torque flexing. I could be wrong.
For normal driving, I expect any added stress on the engine mounts would be insignificant. I feel having reduced transmission movement results in less wear on other parts in the drivetrain besides making it more fun drive.

It is crucial that bolts for this insert be installed at the proper torque, 20 Nm (15 ft-lbs), which can be tough to do accurately with most torque wrenches. I used a Craftsman beam type wrench with gradients in in-lbs and Nm.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
So, do tell. How much of a difference did it make and under what circumstances?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mitigates hunting to make for faster upshift and downshift on our Macan 2.0 w/ PASM, RS Spyder wheels and Cobb tune. The difference is most noticeable during normal driving on the street but also shifts quicker in fast driving. I never realized how sluggish Macan shifting typically is until I tried the mount insert. It's a cheap "must have" upgrade far as I'm concerned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.