Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fills the hole and gives me an outlet. What's not to like? Perfect for stashing a phone charger.
I do not have the smoking package. I have a phone charger that has a coiled and extendable cord. I leave it plugged in the open area and coil the cord around it, and it fills the hole perfectly and looks like the hole was "made for it".
When I pull the cord out, there is room behind the charger for my phone (iPhone 5). I don't believe you can fit a charger and cord in the area with the smoker's package and have the cover closed, and several other folks have also commented that with the SP there is no room for the phone. My $0.02 worth of an opinion is that the open hole looks just fine as a storage spot for the right kind of charger, and it's a heck of a lot more convenient place for your charger and phone.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and apologize if it has, but Suncoast Porsche sells the smokers package for about ninety bucks and it looks rather easy to install, should anyone who doesn't have it want it.

As far as the mention above about a coiled charger, I'd like to see a pic of that.

But, as I stated previously, my iPhone 6+ fits diagonally in the "hole" and the battery life is incredible and so I have absolutely no need for any in car charging any longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The owners manual states that the ash tray insert can be removed to empty the ashes. Is there any additional space available if the ash tray insert is left out?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The owners manual states that the ash tray insert can be removed to empty the ashes. Is there any additional space available if the ash tray insert is left out?
Only slightly more. See below:

·
Registered
144 Posts
In my wife's gti the 12v charger does not operate unless the car is turned on at the ignition. However a cigarette lighter port will work even if the car is off. If this holds true in the macan it might be an important consideration...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Storage compartments under the seats??? I just checked and there is none on mine.
This may be a location thing? Does anyone in Australia have these?... I've been ripped!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
@Mojo

In Germany there is an option, to get the under the seat storage compartment and the newspaper nets in the back of the seats.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Storage compartments under the seats??? I just checked and there is none on mine.
This may be a location thing? Does anyone in Australia have these?... I've been ripped!

@Mojo they only come with the storage package in Oz. Don't stress, I paid the extra coin and the under seat storage is so small it's close to useless.

·
Registered
567 Posts
We had ordered smokers pkg

We had opted for smokers pkg and opted out of comfort lighting but something was lost in translation and car delivered without smokers pkg and with comfort lighting. We crossed checked the delivery sheet with our spec sheet when we made discovery. You should have seen the finance guy's color drain from his face when I declared that was not what we ordered and we would not take possession!!! Of course we took possession and actually like this configurator better. :D

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
We had opted for smokers pkg and opted out of comfort lighting but something was lost in translation and car delivered without smokers pkg and with comfort lighting.
The smokers package can be installed in your Macan very easily as a retrofit. Best of both worlds should you decide to go that route. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Storage package?....wow, there's a package for everything.
Glad I took the engine package.
Lol, the higher you go the worse it gets.

If one is looking to buy a Zonda, for a modest €1.200.000, one doesn't get wheels, body work, interior finish, etc... That is all extra. The carbon fiber body work costs €100.000, paint is extra of course. In the end a car that can be put on the road won't cost less than €1.500.000, the typical one will cost between €1.700.000 and €2.000.000.

See, Porsche are quite cheap >:D

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
We had opted for smokers pkg and opted out of comfort lighting but something was lost in translation and car delivered without smokers pkg and with comfort lighting. We crossed checked the delivery sheet with our spec sheet when we made discovery. You should have seen the finance guy's color drain from his face when I declared that was not what we ordered and we would not take possession!!! Of course we took possession and actually like this configurator better. :D
You actually got a better configuration, IMO. More storage. With SP, you have little storage & cannot remove ashtray & lighter to make storage the same as if w/o SP. Would be nice if you could just have the space of the no SP WITH the close-able SP lid! You cannot.

Since they DID make 2 errors in your configuration, I hope you were financially compensated. At the least they should remove the $300+ cost of the Comfort Lighting! As you know, w/o the CL you have no lights on the visor mirrors.

Reactions: djs2303

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is it possible to get the dealer to remove the smokers package?

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Is it possible to get the dealer to remove the smokers package?
Since we've established the smokers package can easily be retrofitted to cars which don't have it, the reverse modification should be possible as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there any difference in the rear with the smokers package?

Or is it only the front cover vs hole?
Also would it make any difference if I plan to use a battery maintainer that’s plug into the 12V outlet in the front cubby vs in the smokers package outlet?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts