Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do most folk tell us, when they are ordering the smokers package, that they are not a smoker.

I really am not bother if your a smoker or not and I like most do understand the reason for ordering it.

Funny.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
If you order the Smoker Package, can you open that lid and still fit an iPhone there or it will be a nice covered wasted space in the car?

I'm not a smoker either but I opted for the SP. Depends on your own preference. Compare...

Rear:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Supposedly you get an extra power outlet. My SA told me this.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There is no room to fit anything in the console with smoker's package.
I do not have the smoker's package, and that little cubby holds my phone charger (there's a plug for it in there) and also my iPhone fits along with the charger, even with the iPhone case. Very convenient. The single power plug on the back of the console doesn't look as bad if you have the 3-zone climate control system as it appears in the picture without the 3-zone.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree that little cubbyhole can conveniently hold a phone... as for me, I'm going to use the SP's ashtray to hold coins. I'll have my iPhone cradled in the cupholder or wedged right next to my thigh on the seat which is what I typically do when in my other cars. I like the no-cost SP since IMO it is aesthetically more pleasing to the eye.

·
Registered
557 Posts
He's unaware that the Life Insurance industry frequents this forum, and raises prices on owners of cars with Smoking Packages :)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Why do most folk tell us, when they are ordering the smokers package, that they are not a smoker.

I really am not bother if your a smoker or not and I like most do understand the reason for ordering it.

Funny.

Because a smoker would express that they use the option for smoking .

A non smoker would list a variety of other uses or reasons for selecting it .

·
Registered
324 Posts
Stigma, not politically correct, and no one wants to be thought of as the Marlboro Man.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I do not have the smoker's package, and that little cubby holds my phone charger (there's a plug for it in there) and also my iPhone fits along with the charger, even with the iPhone case. Very convenient.
So what is the point of the cover? Does it turn that space in to an ash tray, losing the plug that's in there?
So you gain an aesthetically pleasing cover but lose the functionality of the plug?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts