Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just ordered 2 in red for my Macan, one for the front and one for the back. Also ordered 4 cables, in red of course so everybody has their own cables to use. I fear I may have an issue with buying accessories for this car, lol. Thank you for the link to the charger.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
For the smoking package 12v I have my uniden plugged in for my R3 and it has a 2.4a charger. Center console I have an anker power IQ and also have a cheapo aukey 2x 2.4a charger. I prefer anker for quality.

·
Registered
641 Posts
GTSNJ. Thanks for the link. The AINOPE charger has been upgraded to 2 ports at 3.0A each. I ordered 2 so all passengers can plug in and quick charge. Who wants disappointed kids with dead phones fighting over a charging port during a long trip.

Ge0

·
Registered
213 Posts
My favorite flushed car charger is the Aukey one, not only does it sit flushed but it is also one of the few that actually support fast charging and stays consistent while lasting a long time.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My favorite flushed car charger is the Aukey one, not only does it sit flushed but it is also one of the few that actually support fast charging and stays consistent while lasting a long time.

What is the PD port? Does this accept USB C?

Ge0

·
Registered
741 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
How do you like the Ainope PD car charger? I have the Aukey PD version. Does it sit flush? Dim light work well?
I received 2 of them today via Amazon. Unfortunately I am swamped at work and did not have time to try. I will provide feedback once i evaluate.

Ge0

·
Registered
137 Posts

Bought and tried and no charge was coming thru. Plugged cig lighter back in and now it's stuck in the down position. Not sure if above item popped the fuse. Heading to dealer on Monday to resolve. Just a heads up. From previous posts on the forum apparently Porsche techs don't recommend using the cig lighter in the smoking package to charge / only use the one inside the center console (but these were posts from old models.)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bought and tried and no charge was coming thru. Plugged cig lighter back in and now it's stuck in the down position. Not sure if above item popped the fuse. Heading to dealer on Monday to resolve. Just a heads up. From previous posts on the forum apparently Porsche techs don't recommend using the cig lighter in the smoking package to charge / only use the one inside the center console (but these were posts from old models.)
I had the same issue when i first picked up my car from the dealer, mine happened after i plugged my radar detector. It was a simple fuse in the trunk fuse box to the right.

Changed the fuse and its been working since. I have not had any issues with the charger being stuck though since it really isnt that flushed to the point you couldn't take it out. I use mine mainly inside the center arm rest and have another one in the trunk to keep my cameras, gopro and backup batteries charged.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the same issue when i first picked up my car from the dealer, mine happened after i plugged my radar detector. It was a simple fuse in the trunk fuse box to the right.

Changed the fuse and its been working since. I have not had any issues with the charger being stuck though since it really isnt that flushed to the point you couldn't take it out. I use mine mainly inside the center arm rest and have another one in the trunk to keep my cameras, gopro and backup batteries charged.
Thank you - trying to find video on how to change fuse on my own but no luck. Needed to bring car in to get porsche connect set-up anyhoo. Good to know it's a quick fix and not persistent.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thank you - trying to find video on how to change fuse on my own but no luck. Needed to bring car in to get porsche connect set-up anyhoo. Good to know it's a quick fix and not persistent.
Anytime, for future reference. This is a quick handy chart of the fuses that you can quickly swap if something stops working.

NumberFused functionAmpere ratting [A]
Fuse carrier A
2Plug socket relay50

21 - 33 of 33 Posts