Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a smoker but I opted in for the Smoking Package to have the clean look on the center console. I just purchased this mini flush fit dual USB charger to make use of the cigarette lighter. It looks awesome and the charging was fast as per my passenger.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0795DJXNH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
If it's able to sit low enough that the cover can be closed, it's worth adding to my Macan. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Stealthy *and* efficient -- what's not to like?
Thank you for the link

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's able to sit low enough that the cover can be closed, it's worth adding to my Macan. Thanks for the heads-up.
Yes, you can definitely close the cover. The charger sits almost flushed and definitely lower than the cigarette lighter itself.The smoking package is now the charging package ;)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Yep, I have been using one of them in my "pre USB" 996 for years. Works well, no problems, great idea.

Reactions: GTSNJ

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
266 Posts
Thanks for the link, much appreciated! Ordering one now.

Reactions: GTSNJ

·
Registered
611 Posts
I use this one from BMW that came with the car many moons ago, works great and the little ring pull makes it easy to remove. Keep it in the car for passengers to use.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/BMW-65-41-2-166-411-USB-Charger-619080/dp/B00AE3D6CM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1541715321&sr=8-4&keywords=bmw+car+charger+usb[/ame]

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's great. I too, just ordered one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up one of these small chargers. I definitely wish I got something more flush mounted but they still work.

I do have one question though. I unplugged mine when not in use because they seem to stay energized. Does anyone else do this or leave it in all the time?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked up one of these small chargers. I definitely wish I got something more flush mounted but they still work.

I do have one question though. I unplugged mine when not in use because they seem to stay energized. Does anyone else do this or leave it in all the time?
Yes, you can still see the blue lights after you turned off the engine but after you leave the car and locked the doors it will eventually lose power. I had the same concern so when I returned to my car and before I started the engine, I saw that the lights inside the charger was off. Leave it in....no need to remove it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for sharing, great idea!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I recommend and use this charger which fits perfectly in the Macan's smoker option lighter outlet and charges two devices at up to 2.4A each for $9.99 .... free shipping (in the US) if you have Amazon Prime

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts