Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS, Black/Red
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Macan GTS, 42k miles, CPO
We just finished a road trip. During one stop I noticed a lot of fluid in the parking space but didn’t pay enough attention to notice there when I arrived. Upon return home, I decided to look under the car and found this. Any idea what it may be? I’m waiting for dealer to find an opening to check it out. Last time it took a month to get a block with a loaner.
I’m getting frustrated because the vehicle in for a constant vibration 3 times in the less than 4 months I’ve owned the vehicle. I’d just picked it up last week from PDK service and front control replacements (took 4 weeks) and now this, if it’s major.
ED9DDA26-2075-480F-B479-4AFBFC5607EF.jpeg

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sure looks like grease that has been flung, and the CV boot is right there, so I'm betting with AllanG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I think you both are right. Whenever dealer sets up an appointment I'll update you all. I did notice scratch on the boot. I'll investigate more this afternoon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Macan GTS, 42k miles, CPO
We just finished a road trip. During one stop I noticed a lot of fluid in the parking space but didn’t pay enough attention to notice there when I arrived. Upon return home, I decided to look under the car and found this. Any idea what it may be? I’m waiting for dealer to find an opening to check it out. Last time it took a month to get a block with a loaner.
I’m getting frustrated because the vehicle in for a constant vibration 3 times in the less than 4 months I’ve owned the vehicle. I’d just picked it up last week from PDK service and front control replacements (took 4 weeks) and now this, if it’s major.
View attachment 244535
Difficult to be 100% sure without looking closer but, from the picture, it looks like the serflex that holds the boot on the wheel side came out and then the grease inside the boot is spreading all around. My two cents.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is the vibration when you are making a turn and accelerating? If water got into the boot, and into the CV joint, it may need replacement due to wear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the vibration when you are making a turn and accelerating? If water got into the boot, and into the CV joint, it may need replacement due to wear.
Well, it rained for the entire trip while we were driving so water may have gotten into. I'll be dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The vibration is at all speeds, I did notice it eases up when I get off the accelerator.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You said the dealership just replaced your front control arms. I'd be willing to guess they accidentally nicked your CV boot in the process and that led towards the failure. I had a different brand dealer replace a front control arm, and I noticed the exact same grease splatter the following day. They initially claimed it couldn't be them, but they eventually agreed to replace the axle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went straight to PCA North America. The vehicle has been in for something every month I've owned it. I love it, just to need to get the kinks ironed out. My husband said this weekend when he drove it, that it's fun to drive, holds the road, and has lots of power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts