Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
27 Posts
Bad installer! You don't pry these from the front, there is a clip behind that just needed to be pushed and it comes right out. If he would have watched a 2 minute youtube video he would have avoided this damage.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
In later models, my 2021 for example, you don’t have to pry back the fender lining. There is a hole just large enough for an Allen wrench or a screwdriver to push on the retaining clip.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In later models, my 2021 for example, you don’t have to pry back the fender lining. There is a hole just large enough for an Allen wrench or a screwdriver to push on the retaining clip.
Yes there is a hole you can use but if you don't know what you are supposed to be pushing on it was very hard for me to put that much pressure on something and not know what I am pushing on. After you've done it and understand what you are pushing on, I thought I might be breaking something. It is not hard to remove the 3 screws and see that you are pushing on the correct thing!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I’ll admit ii haven’t changed mine yet, but I have verified the hole. I imagine you should be able to gently push on the hole looking for some resistance from the tab without damaging anything. Personally, I’m not that distressed by the yellow side marker. I believe the hole technique is even in the printed Owner’s Manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ll admit ii haven’t changed mine yet, but I have verified the hole. I imagine you should be able to gently push on the hole looking for some resistance from the tab without damaging anything. Personally, I’m not that distressed by the yellow side marker. I believe the hole technique is even in the printed Owner’s Manual.
I Have a white Macan and everything including the wheels switched to black.. so had that real black and white stormtrooper feel to it. The smoked black markers were the finishing touch. Thankfully I am getting it into a Bodyshop to be repaired to the pre-damage condition. No out-of-pocket expense.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts