Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The performance shop I had install my flat 6 markers ended up doing this to the drivers side. They said they would cover the labor and told me the dealer could match the paint to my VIN.

I think this is very uncommon for something like this to happen and they attributed this to the way the clips come out when pulling the stock ones out.

Will this be an easy fix? And how would you go about resolving the issue?

Had the car for less than 2 months. The thing that pisses me off is that the installer had to have noticed and it took for me to point it out.

Rectangle Eyewear Gadget Musical instrument accessory Cable

Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Eyewear Audio equipment

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Clear example of brute force. What’s the name of the performance butcher shop? So people stay away from it.

Don’t trust them and take it to a body shop of your choosing. This could be fix with heat.
yes, should have learned my lesson the first time after we had an issue with my exhaust install and they said it was a fitment issue with the parts. It took for this to happen to finally catch on that these guys are incompetent to be working on my Macan.

Can you elaborate more on the fixing with heat comment?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ll admit ii haven’t changed mine yet, but I have verified the hole. I imagine you should be able to gently push on the hole looking for some resistance from the tab without damaging anything. Personally, I’m not that distressed by the yellow side marker. I believe the hole technique is even in the printed Owner’s Manual.
I Have a white Macan and everything including the wheels switched to black.. so had that real black and white stormtrooper feel to it. The smoked black markers were the finishing touch. Thankfully I am getting it into a Bodyshop to be repaired to the pre-damage condition. No out-of-pocket expense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts