Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
The performance shop I had install my flat 6 markers ended up doing this to the drivers side. They said they would cover the labor and told me the dealer could match the paint to my VIN.

I think this is very uncommon for something like this to happen and they attributed this to the way the clips come out when pulling the stock ones out.

Will this be an easy fix? And how would you go about resolving the issue?

Had the car for less than 2 months. The thing that pisses me off is that the installer had to have noticed and it took for me to point it out.

View attachment 260202

View attachment 260204
View attachment 260203
This is stupid!! The person installing was not qualified to do the job! I'm almost 80 years old and I installed my clear Flat 6 side markers in about 20 minutes time total. Three screws on each side, push the release spring Change the bulb that comes with the kit and snap back in place! You need to stay away from the dealer or shop that did this!

·
Registered
111 Posts
In later models, my 2021 for example, you don’t have to pry back the fender lining. There is a hole just large enough for an Allen wrench or a screwdriver to push on the retaining clip.
Yes there is a hole you can use but if you don't know what you are supposed to be pushing on it was very hard for me to put that much pressure on something and not know what I am pushing on. After you've done it and understand what you are pushing on, I thought I might be breaking something. It is not hard to remove the 3 screws and see that you are pushing on the correct thing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts