Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought a CPO '17 GTS from Burlington, MA Porsche dealership and need to have it shipped to Minnesota. Any recommendations for shipper and does enclosed vs. open matter? Driving the vehicle on the interstate seems to present the same danger as it being driven on an open trailer, right? Any advice and recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would get the closed trailer. I had two brand new cars shipped from Florida and I opted for the closed trailer. I used two different shippers and my F Type and Macan Gts arrived in perfect condition.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd have to think that the Porsche dealer has a preferred method of transit. I've had 2 vehicles shipped in the past and enclosed was by far worth the extra $300 or so. I live in a relatively middle class subdivision and I'll never forget when my Cayman S was delivered. The semi truck driver got out and told me that he had to unload all of the vehicles since my Cayman was the last car in the the trailer. I didn't think much of it until the first car off was a Bentley and then a Ferrari. Now at least a handful of my neighbors are standing outside their house. A couple more cars are unloaded and more neighbors are coming out. Then a Rolls Royce is unloaded followed by a McLaren. Then my Cayman S comes off the truck and I was still excited, but talk about a let down when there's $1+ million of vehicles parked next to my house.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
These folks brought my Macan S to me from Conshohocken PA to Bellevue WA enclosed. Very nice people that treated my car with respect.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd have to think that the Porsche dealer has a preferred method of transit. I've had 2 vehicles shipped in the past and enclosed was by far worth the extra $300 or so. I live in a relatively middle class subdivision and I'll never forget when my Cayman S was delivered. The semi truck driver got out and told me that he had to unload all of the vehicles since my Cayman was the last car in the the trailer. I didn't think much of it until the first car off was a Bentley and then a Ferrari. Now at least a handful of my neighbors are standing outside their house. A couple more cars are unloaded and more neighbors are coming out. Then a Rolls Royce is unloaded followed by a McLaren. Then my Cayman S comes off the truck and I was still excited, but talk about a let down when there's $1+ million of vehicles parked next to my house.
that’s probably the funniest delivery story I ever heard - I could only imagine the scene it caused.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have shipped many cars across the country over the years, most happy with either Reliable or Passport Transport. Would never ship on an open carrier!! You're spending several thousand on a car and then don't care what is parked on top of it or what kind of weather it's going through??? Best companion was a McLaren F1 parked above my wife's Audi TTS roadster. If that car had leaked anything I probably wouldn't have ever cleaned it off... :)

Anyway, most good closed carriers have protection for the cars on the lower level...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it shipped closed and all was good on delivery. Used KVB Transport and they were very fair and actually got the vehicle shipped for less than anyone else had quoted, plus it was picked up the very next day after it was available for pickup.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just bought a CPO '17 GTS from Burlington, MA Porsche dealership and need to have it shipped to Minnesota. Any recommendations for shipper and does enclosed vs. open matter? Driving the vehicle on the interstate seems to present the same danger as it being driven on an open trailer, right? Any advice and recommendations appreciated.
I'd definitely go with the closed trailer. Haha I just realised this thread is several months old, so you've probably already done it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts