Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am wanting to add some additional yellow stitching to the shifter boot to go along with my other yellow accents.

I can get the shifter boot and shifter to come out together, but I cannot get the shift boot to detach from the shifter itself once it’s off the Macan.

I’ve seen other posts that simply show the whole unit coming out, but not how to separate the two. I’ve seen another Macan have this stitching and asked the owner the attached photos how they did it. Hopefully someone has an “easy” method.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeeeaa. Seen that before. For my Macan, it does not release the boot from the shifter handle. Current status. Not sure how to get the handle and the boot separated.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry I could not help. Since Porsche sells the part as both pieces (shifter and boot), they aren’t making it easy on you, Maybe check with this guy as to if he was able to separate things.

·
Registered
371 Posts
well, it appears to me that you need to rotate it 45 degrees left and then pull up. It also seems that this needs to be done before removing the whole assembly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What does the back underside of it look? Sometimes there's a ring that just needs to popped off to separate the two

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love your trim surrounding the shifter; looks a bit like carbon fiber. Mine is in chrome and crazy blinding when the sun hits it. How did you do that? Did you order that piece? Can you please let me know?
I may need to know in case the sun ever appears again in Seattle.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,887 Posts
I love your trim surrounding the shifter; looks a bit like carbon fiber. Mine is in chrome and crazy blinding when the sun hits it. How did you do that? Did you order that piece? Can you please let me know?
Thanks

eBay...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks
The pictures are a friends gear shift trim and yellow stitching. I think he hydro dipped the trim to the CF look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does the back underside of it look? Sometimes there's a ring that just needs to popped off to separate the two

I’ve peeled back the leather boot and nothing looks simple as far as popping something off or twisting and pushing something. Not sure how or why it’s so complicated, but it is. Lol I’ll be looking at it again in the next week or two when I have more time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I’ve peeled back the leather boot and nothing looks simple as far as popping something off or twisting and pushing something. Not sure how or why it’s so complicated, but it is. Lol I’ll be looking at it again in the next week or two when I have more time.
You got a photo of the underside?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

1 - 15 of 15 Posts