Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the sequence of operation of the exhaust valves open-closed, normal funcionamineto, esport and esport plus?

I noticed that when we opened the car, the valves do a reset by closing and opening .... when they close?

Thanks to all

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I too am interested in the answer to this. Are there valves that open in the stock exhaust or only in the PSE?

Do they open when you push the sport plus button and stay open? I can't tell the difference in sound because if I'm in 7th on the highway and engage sport plus, it automatically drops to 5th and so gets concurrently louder because of that.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice informative video, thanks!

I wonder since the flap only stays open for the first few seconds than shuts closed why not to unplug the cable to the valve? That way it will stay open and give us some more sound?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nice informative video, thanks!

I wonder since the flap only stays open for the first few seconds than shuts closed why not to unplug the cable to the valve? That way it will stay open and give us some more sound?

I think you could be on to something there. If there was a way of controlling this valve and having the startup sound when needed then I think the PSE is not required.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,976 Posts
Sequence of operation of the exhaust system valves

updated the thread title to more accurately describe its discussion

it is not a discussion of exhaust valves, rather of the valving in the exhaust (not engine!) system.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would like to know how to cut into the muffler and remove certain pipes or chambers to make the exhaust nice and loud. The aftermarket systems for these cars are on the higher side for sure. So if we can figure out how to mod a stock exhaust (besides the flap being open full time) to make more sound, i would be down.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If you want to do that, then just take the top or bottom half of the muffler off and you'll see all the guts. Do what you want inside and then weld it back up.You don't need instructions. Cut it open with a cutting wheel on a hand-held grinder. It will take you 5 minutes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would like to know how to cut into the muffler and remove certain pipes or chambers to make the exhaust nice and loud. The aftermarket systems for these cars are on the higher side for sure. So if we can figure out how to mod a stock exhaust (besides the flap being open full time) to make more sound, i would be down.
Do post many pictures of the insides for us, if you do this!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone replaced just the stock muffler with an aftermarket muffler, e.g., Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster? Were there any issues, e.g., mounting, codes, warranty?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Look up Gundo hack (6speedonline or similar). Did it on my 911. My Macan has sport exhaust so I never looked at it s exhaust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts