Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTS is coming this september, and want to plan ahead of getting PPF done in this area.

I have contacted a few shops around here, but prices are all around the places.

plus if someone had a good experience with one shop, and familiar with our vehicle, it would be plus. TIA.

· Registered
273 Posts
Subscribed to this thread as I just got the build date for my 2019 AM Vantage. It will be arriving sometime in October and will need new car prep so I'm interested to hear other folks' recommendations.

For my Macan GTS, I went with Glaswerks DMV. Adrian is a good guy and a fellow car enthusiast. He has worked on several Macans (and a lot of exotic cars). I took delivery of my jet black Macan GTS at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta and drove it back to NoVA. Porsche (non-metallic) black paint is really soft and my car had a lot of swirl marks and holograms in the paint. Adrian was able to work his magic and got the paint perfect. I got the hood, front quarter panels, and front bumper covered with Suntek PPF and then had the entire car coated with Gyeon MOHS+. I was really happy with the results.

Unfortunately, when I came back to get PPF applied to the rest of the car, there were some quality issues. Glasweks subcontracts the PPF and the guy who did the rear bumper was terrible -- the PPF started to peel and bubble after a couple of days. He has since found a new PPF guy and I will have the rear bumper redone.

Aston Martin of Washington, DC uses TLC Auto Detail for their new car prep. I saw what they did to a 2018 Zagato Roadster (1 of 28 worldwide) and it looked amazing! Orange peel was gone and all the factory buff marks corrected. I just requested a quote from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.