Porsche Macan Forum banner
501 - 520 of 540 Posts
New Apple TV remote released today goes back to physical buttons after the previous remote had that terrible touch sensitive pad used to move around the screen !

Don't get rid of the buttons. We like buttons. Hey Porsche are you listening ?

I'm so close to just ordering a new Macan GTS and skipping the next touch pad generation in the hope the buttons make a triumphant return in the future.

Rectangle Font Circle Technology Automotive tire

Could not have said it better !

Rectangle Font Audio equipment Circle Fashion accessory

from Wikipedia: Porsche is currently developing the next generation of the Macan, which will be fully electric. It is planned to use two electric motors with all-wheel drive and the same two-speed automatic transmission from the Taycan. The new Macan is expected to begin production in 2023. Before then, Porsche will update the first-generation Macan in 2021, which Porsche intends to sell alongside the all-electric Macan at its debut

Excellent Motor1 article.

Sounds that Porsche will sunset the gasoline vehicle only after the EV has successfully been launched. That wind-down may be region-by-region rather than all at once. While Europe tightens emissions regulations (Euro 7 takes effect for 2025), the biggest auto markets (China, USA) with more lax emissions regulation and/or cheap fossil fuels will continue to have solid demand for gas burners, at least in suburban and rural areas. That being said, the Taycan seems to be meeting sales goals so one would not expect Porsche to be timid about making future EV launches as quick as they can. The demand is there; Tesla and other premium EV makers don't seem to have any problem finding buyers. Of course all schedules may slide due to supply chain hiccups. It may be that Porsche will need to extend gasoline models if they have a more stable supply chain with easily extensible contracts. It's tough to launch an all-new electric anything right now as demand for all electronics is strong. Let's face it, Apple is ahead of everyone in line for the first runs of new chipsets.

A photographer with sharp eyes snagged a view of a clay model of what looks like a possible Macan EV at the Porsche LeMans hybrid car unveiling event. It looks as though Porsche may be intending to retain as much dimensional similarity & perhaps upper body parts sharing as possible from the current Q5-based Macan with the future PPE-based EV.

Subsequently that clay buck was rendered into a possible look for the new EV. Nothing too daring going on here, but I like the efforts to tidy it up and maybe even clean up the aerodynamics a tad. Might have to soften some of the hard horizontal creases to pass pedestrian impact safety rules. Anything is better than the current confused mess of a fascia Porsche offers today. In my experience, vehicle designers often need reminders that an automobile is supposed to flow through the air with minimal resistance, not blend the atmosphere like a food processor or push it like a snow plow.

But my dealer told me the Macan Turbo is going away next gen will be replaced by the electirc Macan and the GTS will get the higher powered Turbo engine. Should be available middle to end of 2022.

A few interesting tidbits this morning regarding Porsche's EV push "moving to 80% of sales that are exclusively powered by a battery by 2030."
It is interesting to read how they try to keep margins and profits up through this transition. They mention the Taycan but these are expensive cars.
From the Macan perspective, I am curious how this will impact our ICE Macan values in the next 3-5 years.

Porsche 718 Boxster to be Electric Model From 2025 as Automaker Prepares IPO - Bloomberg

A few interesting tidbits this morning regarding Porsche's EV push "moving to 80% of sales that are exclusively powered by a battery by 2030."
It is interesting to read how they try to keep margins and profits up through this transition. They mention the Taycan but these are expensive cars.
From the Macan perspective, I am curious how this will impact our ICE Macan values in the next 3-5 years.

Porsche 718 Boxster to be Electric Model From 2025 as Automaker Prepares IPO - Bloomberg
BWM made some similar announcement. I think Audi is in that camp too.

Great,video on Yahoo Finance this am, too, interview with Pras Subramanian. I bet a few of us would buy some shares at the IPO if available? Right? 911 Hybrid will no doubt be a screamer. Can you say 919? 😁

Porsche has just announced the new generation Cayenne in e-hybrid flavor, boasting a 136HP electric drive coupled with the Cayenne base’s single-turbo engine. Now, if we take that as a proxy to speculate about a potential plug-in hybrid Macan, we can think of the 4-cylinder Audi engine coupled with the same electric drive that we find in the hybrid Cayenne and Panamera, which would deliver a total of around 360HP, which will probably be similar to the power to be found on the facelift Macan S, and lots of torque from as low as 1000 revs. This would make sense since the new Cayenne e-hybrid takes the base Cayenne’s engine and, adding the electric drive, delivers a total of 462HP (enough for an impressive 4.8s time for the 0-60), which is 22 more than the 440HP of the Cayenne S. Throw in some 25-30 miles of pure electric drive, good for many city commuters, and all this priced at roughly the same price point as the Macan S.

I’m really curious to know what your thoughts abut such a model would be. A few months ago I would have said ‘not for me’ since my wife’s Cayenne doesn’t deliver much ‘Porscheness’ to me, but now I find it a very appealing proposition to replace my Macan GTS one day.
I'd consider a hybrid but only if the petrol engine is an 8 cylinder or greater :)

Not interested in contributing to the environmental damage caused by electric vehicles.

Virtually everything we do can have adverse environmental effects. So, in this case, an examination of the differences between a conventional vehicle and a hybrid are examined.

The hybrid has a massive Lithium-ion battery pack, that doesn’t exist in a conventional vehicle.

The mining of the lithium, nickel and cobalt for the battery pack harms the planet and consumes massive amounts of energy. Here is a decent description.

Given the high costs to recycle compared to new production, along w/ the associated environmental pollution from recycling, it is likely that end-of-life batteries will be discarded, incinerated or shipped from the USA for incineration to avoid domestic pollution restrictions on this part of the planet.

Def. interested in an electric Macan but would be really hesitant to get a Gen. 1. A quick look at any of the Taycan forums you'll see so many owners with electronic and build quality issues. Not sure it would be worth the headache. My 2020 S has been problem free so far.

501 - 520 of 540 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.