Porsche Macan Forum banner

481 - 500 of 501 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Yesterday I was speaking with my SA about my wife’s car, and at one point we shifted the subject to Macans. According to him, he’s scheduled for a training on the second facelift of the Macan that would be released in January next year. This would still be a purely ICE version (alas, no plug-in hybrid Macan) to keep sales up until the release of the next-gen EV Macan. So two facelifts for one and the same generation; highly unusual.

To be taken with the usual pinch of salt.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
A facelift in 19 and another in 22 would be very odd, but that seems to be the consistent rumor. After 7 years, timing seems to dictate a redesign is due? I definitely think we’ll see an updated interior similar to the Cayenne, Panny, and 992, it’s the plan for the exterior that has me curious. Very interested for more info on this as the wifey‘s lease will be up in March of 22.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
Yesterday I was speaking with my SA about my wife’s car, and at one point we shifted the subject to Macans. According to him, he’s scheduled for a training on the second facelift of the Macan that would be released in January next year. This would still be a purely ICE version (alas, no plug-in hybrid Macan) to keep sales up until the release of the next-gen EV Macan. So two facelifts for one and the same generation; highly unusual.

To be taken with the usual pinch of salt.
Right now they seem to be struggling just to build the cars that are out . Amazing to think of what's next when right now there's a shortage . I look forward to better times with buying potential . I am becoming ready . It looks like you are too.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
If it came with matrix LED headlights, 3 chamber air suspension, head up display and auto parking I could get used to the flat panel centre console eventually !

IF and that is a big IF they offer any/all, I think we all know those would be YUGE Cha-Ching options

·
Banned
618 Posts
I wasn't going to upgrade to another macan anyway but I definitely wouldn't even consider a macan with those buttons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth, here was my experience ordering an early 2021 Macan last year. I was shopping and using the on-line configurator in late May and early June last year. About the first of June I noticed that the on-line configurator had apparently changed from 2020 models to 2021 models (the prices had suddenly changed). I didn't see any other indication of what model year it was displaying. I ordered my car about a week later, on June 10, and the dealer confirmed that it would be a 2021 model. The car arrived in November, possibly delayed by impacts from the pandemic. I understood it was one of the first, if not the first 2021 to arrive in town. I don't know if the schedule might be different this year. It may be that when the configurator changes over that is a clue that the next-year order book has opened. Or maybe you dealer can just tell you! Happy shopping.....

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I feel like I’ve seen those interior photos posted somewhere before. Very interesting that Porsche is doing another minor refresh of the exterior while updating the interior. I still really like the exterior looks of the Macan, but I’m also ready to see what they do next as it has remained largely the same since 2014.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I feel like I’ve seen those interior photos posted somewhere before. Very interesting that Porsche is doing another minor refresh of the exterior while updating the interior. I still really like the exterior looks of the Macan, but I’m also ready to see what they do next as it has remained largely the same since 2014.
I personally feel like they should had moved away already from this design and move on to something similar to the Cayenne GTS look. I feel like a smaller version of the cayenne GTS would sell pretty well and is closer in design to the rest of their cars.
Even this new Macan is starting to look dated now!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Looks like I'll be moving on from the ICE Macan in the future, the new 2022 just doesn't do it for me. Too bad, as I was holding out hope for a "PP" option coming back for the Turbo model.

Looks like the new BMW M3 Comp with xDrive will be my next vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer I spoke to, mentioned MY22 spec to be out in a months time. Hope heads up display make it this time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
481 - 500 of 501 Posts