Porsche Macan Forum banner
461 - 480 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just ordered a 2021 Macan S a couple of weeks ago. I have read forecasts about all-electric Macans on numerous automotive web sites. There's enough "smoke" that I figure there may be a "fire". I consider my 2021 order to be an early run on the last ICE generation. Or maybe not all that early, depending on who you believe. Definitely not waiting until the last minute. Plug-in electric is a non-starter for me due to living in an apartment (my garage only has a single 15 amp 110 volt outlet) plus taking long trips.
I'm with you here. Got my first Macan in 2015 and loved it ever since. I figured I might as well get another and restart the clock on warranty etc since there's nothing else I like nearly as much, and took delivery of 2.0 this week. I'll compare and contrast the two on another thread maybe, but I agree that this ticks all the boxes. I don't want batteries and I also don't want to lose all the switches and buttons on the center console.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Maybe they should follow Range Rover to offer a free fine piece of cleaning cloth lol
Free? No way. The piece of cloth will have the Porsche logo and will be an option for an extra $200.

Reactions: JMRev2007 and JRB

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This on the other hand ...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks good and like most performance EV's it should have blistering 0-60 times but unless it has a 500 mi range it wont work for me.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I like it. My wife is holding on to her '15 S until the EV arrives, then she'll decide.

·
Registered
| 2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition
177 Posts
My OCD of cleaning finger prints would go out of control! Also I’d black out those rear fogs like non other! Yuck

Reactions: Mleibrock

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I'm liking that rendering, but hating the touch-sensitive center console panel!

My new more realistic threshold for purchasing a Macan EV though is 500 to 600 hp, 0 to 60 mph in the 3s, and a minimum 400 mile range....that and it would need to handle like the ICE variant, and cost about the same.

Reactions: Mleibrock

·
Registered
571 Posts
wow. looks good for an EV car. I will never buy a car where all of the buttons are plastic and need cleaning to remove the finger prints. the would look like **** in just a few days. Seeing all of these changes on the current model and now this makes me very happy I special ordered mine in 2018. I know some love the new PCM and taillights but the older models have the true Porsche engine.

·
Registered
2017 Macan GTS
23 Posts
Would be cool if they gave the front end a bit of Taycan treatment...differentiate the EV vs Gas models & keep both instead of eventually replacing the gas model

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't doubt there will be a fully electric version of the Macan very soon whether under the Macan name or another name. But It seems strange to think that Porsche would totally eliminate the ICE Macan for a full EV version. This is Porsche's highest selling vehicle for a reason; the price point of the base 4 banger puts a Porsche nameplate in the reach of many people that could not afford any other new car in the Porsche line up. Most people I meet that have a Macan have the base 4 cylinder version and see no difference to a GTS or Turbo - it's more than enough power for them and most importantly, they can say they own a Porsche. People like us are enthusiasts and understand the brand.

I can see Porsche (and all manufacturers for that matter) adding more hybrids and and EV versions, but hybrid and EV technology adds costs and sales of their best selling vehicle will plummet if they take the price point to high.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't doubt there will be a fully electric version of the Macan very soon whether under the Macan name or another name. But It seems strange to think that Porsche would totally eliminate the ICE Macan for a full EV version.
I read somewhere that Porsche will continue to sell the ICE Macan alongside the EV version, at least for a couple of years.

461 - 480 of 508 Posts