Porsche Macan Forum banner

421 - 424 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I see the smiley but surely you know its much deeper than a laughing matter.

This forum is a small segment of the greater Macan community of buyers. To even know of its existence, you must have some kind of automotive interest, even if to come ask a question or get advice. Core members are obviously enthusiasts. I dont know the age demographics but my guess is many came to Porsche because the owned a sports car and are older, have some experience. Others came from Sports Sedans. And then there are those who came for the brand but they did so because of the heritage, the reputation of Porsche sports cars. What do you expect to happen? If you think the pushback is bad now when nothing has happened yet, go read RL and to THIS DAY, the pushback going from air cooled to the water cooled 911s. You haven't seen anything yet because the electric Porsches aren't here yet. And why? Do you really believe electric cars is going to change anything in the world? What percentage of CO2 comes from cars worldwide? 15% and thats ALL transportation including truck, ships, boats, planes? What percent is cars? 10%? What about the other 90%?

Look at this "strike". You got activists posing as journalists pushing to CHILDREN. To CHILDREN, :oops: They are going to die. They won't get to live. How disgusting. Those who use children as pawns, as props?😡 Spreading FUD?

Do a google search on "Young women won't have children because of climate change". Article after article discuss how young women won't bring a child into the world because they will die. Just one example "we’re too afraid really to bring a kid into that future" What? 🙄 There are people who believe all this. And now its spreading to children.

Predictions are very hard to make, very difficult. "They" can't even predict if its going to rain tomorrow never mind what will happen in 100 years. Yet the screeching gets louder and louder. Afraid to have children? Are they brainwashed? What kind of hysteria is this? In the end, they will get what comes with FUD. "They" will die out because they didn't have children. Darwin. CYA. How sad. So here's is a prediction. Barring a Gamma Ray Burst or giant asteroid hit, the Earth WILL be here in 11 years. Little will change other than what always changes. It will be here in 1,000,000,000 years too.

The Earth WILL be here in 2031. I side with the ex-President reported to be buying a $15M house on an island at elevation about 15'. If he's putting his money on not getting flooded on an island, he must know more than me.

Pushback? How about bringing some sanity into all this instead of screeching and instilling fear into young people?
This post (above) ought to be a sticky .

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I've never met anybody who likes gas stations. And I've met a lot of people.
I guess you have never traveled through Texas and stopped at a Buc-ee's? They are huge and have anywhere from 60 -125 gas pumps and their restrooms are best known for their pristine cleanliness. Their restrooms have several dozen urinals and toilets and have several associates assigned just to the restrooms 24/7 to maintain their cleanliness. One of their locations was even awarded Best Restrooms for Convenience Stores by Cintas, a corporate restroom supplier.

The good news is they are slowly expanding outside Texas and now have a location in Daytona Beach, Florida and Madisonville, Alabama and have plans for more locations.

If you ever stop at one, be prepared for lots of vehicle traffic, crowds, and plan to spend some time and money while there.

They would also be an excellent location when you need to charge up you EV while traveling. :geek:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I guess you have never traveled through Texas and stopped at a Buc-ee's? They are huge and have anywhere from 60 -125 gas pumps and their restrooms are best known for their pristine cleanliness. Their restrooms have several dozen urinals and toilets and have several associates assigned just to the restrooms 24/7 to maintain their cleanliness. One of their locations was even awarded Best Restrooms for Convenience Stores by Cintas, a corporate restroom supplier.

The good news is they are slowly expanding outside Texas and now have a location in Daytona Beach, Florida and Madisonville, Alabama and have plans for more locations.

If you ever stop at one, be prepared for lots of vehicle traffic, crowds, and plan to spend some time and money while there.

They would also be an excellent location when you need to charge up you EV while traveling. :geek:
Love me some Buc-ee’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421 - 424 of 424 Posts