Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the driver's and passenger's seat, when I press the button to move the seat, the seat moves for 1 second and then stops, to move the seat further I have to press the same button again and again, this happens with all the buttons on the driver's and passenger's side.

In addition, the seat memory buttons do not work, I wanted to set the maximum position of the seats, but to do this I have to repeatedly press the buttons, but it still does not help, I think it is related to the first problem that is that it clicks too many times.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to handle this, I've also been to Porsche service but they spread their arms, they said the only way is to reset the whole computer to factory settings but there is little chance that will help.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have a problem with the driver's and passenger's seat, when I press the button to move the seat, the seat moves for 1 second and then stops, to move the seat further I have to press the same button again and again, this happens with all the buttons on the driver's and passenger's side.

In addition, the seat memory buttons do not work, I wanted to set the maximum position of the seats, but to do this I have to repeatedly press the buttons, but it still does not help, I think it is related to the first problem that is that it clicks too many times.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to handle this, I've also been to Porsche service but they spread their arms, they said the only way is to reset the whole computer to factory settings but there is little chance that will help.
You press and hold the button and what happens?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seat slides a few centimeters and stops even if I continue holding the button without releasing, this applies to every button
When I push and hold again, it moves the same distance and stops again.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Dude! You’re telling me your Porsche dealership is saying they don’t know? Are they guessing a complete reboot will fix it? Or they just don’t know?

What’s your concern with doing a hard reset? It’s not working as it sits….. Schedule a loaner. Take it back. Leave it there until they fix it. Wrench drop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They told me they tried to do something there but it didn't work, so they want to do a full computer reset but they also don't know if that will help, further it's just replacing components. i would like to avoid resetting to factory settings because i already uploaded a different language, android auto and trailer harness, i will lose a lot of money if they remove all that.
Car is after conversion from usa to eu

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's normal while the engine is running, unfortunately . The idiots think that making you press a button over and over while driving is "safer."

Does the button work as expected with the engine off?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Okay. Let’s discuss. What year/model? Miles? 14 or 18 seats? When you hit a memory position on the door unless you hold the button it will stop. This is how mine works. Now upon entry and turning on the ignition, the seat will correspond to the programmed position I have it set to. If you push on the seat buttons, it will stop when you stop pushing or holding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's normal while the engine is running, unfortunately . The idiots think that making you press a button over and over while driving is "safer."

Does the button work as expected with the engine off?
The buttons behaves the same with the engine on and off.

Okay. Let’s discuss. What year/model? Miles? 14 or 18 seats? When you hit a memory position on the door unless you hold the button it will stop. This is how mine works. Now upon entry and turning on the ignition, the seat will correspond to the programmed position I have it set to. If you push on the seat buttons, it will stop when you stop pushing or holding.
Car from 2017, 14 ways seat, 57 000 km.
After unlocking/locking the car, the seats do not move, only the steering wheel goes up, the set button on the door does not work, no LED on, clicking on set and 1 or 2 or 3 does not save the setting the seat is always as you set it manually with the buttons on the seat.
Only the steering wheel works properly, if I hold down the button it goes all the way in all directions.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
From an earlier post, you stated this is occurring to both front seats. Therefore it’s something common to both seats.

Guys? Help me out. What upstream box controls both seats. What’s common to both?

OP, can Porsche offload your image, do a reboot and then lay the image back down?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still have the same problem, I have not solved it, the seats only move 2-3cm and then they stop even though I keep holding the button, I noticed that when the seat stops no matter which way I try to move it I can hear a relay switching under the seat, it clicks every time the seat stops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts