Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife accidentally turned on both the seat heater and seat ventilation/cooling at the same time ( as an aside , it is sort of odd to me that Porsche would allow that?) , she did not notice for a while, and noticed a plasticky burning smell. I have a hard time believing it would cause a problem but she is now worried about her beloved Macan. Anyone else experience something like that? I am guessing the fans just pushed out some out-gassing smell caused by the heating elements that normally is not noticeable.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The ventilation is actually pulling air into the seat so you're smelling the air together with accumulated sweat blowing into the heating element at work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually I like doing that from time to time, mild heating and mild ventilation combined creates just the right seat coziness on some days.

It's not odd, I like how Porsche gives us the choice and allows for relatively many options to be combined as we see fit (comfort engine setting combined with sports plus suspension setting etc.).

Plasticky burnt smell happens here too when engaging the heating functions for the first time after a long summer. I never worried about it.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
My wife accidentally turned on both the seat heater and seat ventilation/cooling at the same time ( as an aside , it is sort of odd to me that Porsche would allow that?) , she did not notice for a while, and noticed a plasticky burning smell. I have a hard time believing it would cause a problem but she is now worried about her beloved Macan. Anyone else experience something like that? I am guessing the fans just pushed out some out-gassing smell caused by the heating elements that normally is not noticeable.

"he said, "out-gassing" - heh-heh, heh-heh, heh-heh..."

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
The ventilation is actually pulling air into the seat so you're smelling the air together with accumulated sweat blowing into the heating element at work.
ACK.... Funny it's ironic that your handle is 'windblow'... haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
NeedToGoPP
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing