Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Macan Turbo in Rhodium Silver with full Black leather and black seat belts.
I would like to change my seat belts to Red.
Is this technically hard to due?
Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have a 2018 Macan Turbo in Rhodium Silver with full Black leather and black seat belts.
I would like to change my seat belts to Red.
Is this technically hard to due?
Thanks
I've wanted to do the same thing on my Macan, same color and interior. Dealer quoted me $2000 parts and labor! Suncoast listed 4 belts for about $700 last time I looked. I'm told that a warning alert will be triggered during replacement that the dealer must reset. Interior panels must be removed which I hate doing for first time when trying to figure out where the release clips are and not breaking anthing – $$. I spoke to an Independant Porsche Garage and they didn't sound interested stating "we havent' worked on many Macans, mostly 911s."

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Don’t give up so easy. I know that Matt Moreman of obsessedgarage.com didn’t like the way the belts are twisted coming out of the pillar on his 911 and he removed them and turned them around without much difficulty.

It is true new belts cost $700 which ain’t cheap. I have red belts in my 911. I really like them but truth be told it’s really not necessary.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not exactly apples to apples, but I changed out the black belts for red on my Cayman and it was totally worth it IMHO. I store the Cayman for the winter so sending the factory housings in to Maxspeed Motorsports was no big deal since it's not my daily driver. Nello (Maxspeed owner) was super helpful and even sent me new bolts for each side since I inadvertently thought that they were metric allen bolts, when in fact they were actually Torx heads.... stupid mistake and removal ended up being a royal pain since I completely rounded off one the bolt heads and had to drill it out. Knowing what I know now, it's a one hour job from start to finish... the Cayman only has 2 belts though :)

As for warning lights, Nello at Maxspeed made it extremely clear to disconnect the battery prior to removal and not to reconnect until the new belts were installed since it would throw an error code. 2 years later, and I'm extremely satisfied. $220 or so was well worth it. With that being said, personally I would absolutely order this option from the factory rather than even have to mess around with it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
How about ... pulling them all the way out to the extreme ... cutting them WHILE HANGING ONTO THE CUT END ... then sew on the new ones really well and do the same thing at the other end as they will be hidden by the seats anyway ?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
@Hi-Toro Do you think it will hold in the case of an accident? Please tell that you're trolling and not for real, I'm skeptical.
It just popped into my head. A way of installing the seatbelt yourself if you REALLY want to change the colour. As far as an accident goes the join will be deep within the roll so it should not affect the function of the belt but yes you are right, insurance won't like this "mod".

·
Registered
2015 S, 1987 911
58 Posts
Probably works but it's for sure a very risky proposition for a color improvement. Personally, I'm risk averse about this, so I prefer outcomes with low uncertainty.

If you do this, please share your process so we can all learn 👀

1 - 12 of 12 Posts