Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said goodbye to my first Porsche today. Two days ago I got rear-ended at a stop light. Then half an hour later while waiting for the police, I got hit a second time. It’s the second hit that did the car in. Found out today it was a total loss.
I had planned in trading it in on my 2021 GTS that will be here on January 1st, but I don’t have to worry with that now. I‘m without a car for 6 weeks, but it will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
Wow, where do you live or drive? I won’t go near there.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hopefully the insurance pays you well for the car. In the meantime, where are you located? Those spyder rims are looking good :)

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
I can relate and wish you the best when that new car arrives . 6 weeks will pass and the road ahead looks a lot better.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
:cry:

·
Registered
557 Posts
@jr2019 I trust you are ok, perhaps shaken not stirred(?). It’s sad to see one of these wonderful machines exit from the roads before their time.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Oh no! So sorry to hear this. 😢

Hopefully you are OK, and was able to walk away without anything wrong with you.

It is awful that it is totaled, and like others have mentioned hopefully the insurance company does right by you.

Great news that you already had one on order and will be here in hopefully 6 short weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh no! So sorry to hear this. 😢

Hopefully you are OK, and was able to walk away without anything wrong with you.

It is awful that it is totaled, and like others have mentioned hopefully the insurance company does right by you.

Great news that you already had one on order and will be here in hopefully 6 short weeks.
The insurance settlement is just north of the private sale value listed on KBB. That is more than the trade in value I was going to get from Porsche so it works in my favor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The insurance settlement is just north of the private sale value listed on KBB. That is more than the trade in value I was going to get from Porsche so it works in my favor.
In my state, sales tax is credited on the trade in, so you might still have been ahead with the dealer quote. Glad to hear all is well!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts