Porsche Macan Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Agreed on the leak. But why worried about the PDK? Does it have an unusually high failure rate versus other transmissions? Or is the dealer cost to replace instead of an indy rebuild?
I think valve body is most common. While that's pretty expensive it's not catastrophic.

On a side note, reached out to Troy and he said that doesn't provide warranty if car is out of factory warranty but on CPO. Bummer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was able to find a SafeGuard warranty and purchased a 3yr/36k warranty for $4k ... while I hardly ever purchase extended warranties, for a Porsche is cheap peace of mind.

·
Registered
231 Posts
IMHO, if you’re going to keep the Macan past factory warranty you need an extended warranty. From this forum’s many posts on this topic it seems like Fidelity or SafeGuard is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
421 Posts
IMHO, if you’re going to keep the Macan past factory warranty you need an extended warranty. From this forum’s many posts on this topic it seems like Fidelity or SafeGuard is the way to go.

I would definitely add Axiom to that list. Sold by numerous authorized Porsche dealers, when you read the fine print it compares favorably, a number of forum members here have had good experiences, and you seem to get a bit more for your money, although not inexpensive by any means.

Before I bought mine, I checked with the service advisors at two different dealers, and they both said Axiom tends to be less bureaucratic to work with versus Fidelity or Safe-Guard, but all three are legit.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
The thing I ran into on comparing costs was the sales tax aspect. For what I am looking for that is a $500.00 item. I think that it does not matter which state you choose to buy your insurance from because it will be universally recognized where you take your car to be fixed. I can't give away a five hundred dollar savings.

·
Registered
2017 Porsche Macan
14 Posts
I originally posted this on another site but only got one response. I’m hoping for more here.

I realize extended warranties have been discussed ad nauseum and I’ve read most of the threads. That said I am exploring a Porsche Brand (SafeGuard) Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) extended warranty on my 2017 base with 16,1000 miles on the clock with the factory warranty expiring on May 31, 2021. I sought quotes from two local dealers. One ignored every voice mail, text message and chat room encounter. The other responded quickly and offered the following quote for platinum coverage:

$100 DEDUCTIBLE .
VSP extended until 2024 or 60,000 miles
$3,221 plus tax

VSP extended until 2025 or 60,000 miles
$3,625 plus tax.

$250 DEDUCTIBLE

$2,933 plus tax

$3,218 plus tax.

I’m really on the fence on this. I bought extended coverage for my last BMW and never used it. I’m reluctant to go with another third party for fear of them getting in a pissing contest with the dealer/ shop. Surprisingly, the Porsche VSPs cover brakes. One brake job at the dealer would put a big dent in the premium. I would have to go to a Porsche dealer, not an independent. If I got $100 deductible and went to the dealer I purchased the coverage from the deductible would be waived. Finally, the car already has a lifetime engine warranty through the dealer I purchased from, AutoLendersNJ.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above offer as well as any other thoughts on a Macan extended warranty.

Thanks!
Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I originally posted this on another site but only got one response. I’m hoping for more here.

I realize extended warranties have been discussed ad nauseum and I’ve read most of the threads. That said I am exploring a Porsche Brand (SafeGuard) Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) extended warranty on my 2017 base with 16,1000 miles on the clock with the factory warranty expiring on May 31, 2021. I sought quotes from two local dealers. One ignored every voice mail, text message and chat room encounter. The other responded quickly and offered the following quote for platinum coverage:

$100 DEDUCTIBLE .
$3,221 plus tax

$3,625 plus tax.

$250 DEDUCTIBLE

$2,933 plus tax

$3,218 plus tax.

I’m really on the fence on this. I bought extended coverage for my last BMW and never used it. I’m reluctant to go with another third party for fear of them getting in a pissing contest with the dealer/ shop. Surprisingly, the Porsche VSPs cover brakes. One brake job at the dealer would put a big dent in the premium. I would have to go to a Porsche dealer, not an independent. If I got $100 deductible and went to the dealer I purchased the coverage from the deductible would be waived. Finally, the car already has a lifetime engine warranty through the dealer I purchased from, AutoLendersNJ.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the above offer as well as any other thoughts on a Macan extended warranty.

Thanks!
Charlie
If you really like it and want to keep it, get the 25 60,000 mile deal!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Surprisingly, the Porsche VSPs cover brakes.
Where are you seeing this? While certain elements of the brake system may be covered, I would be shocked if durable items like pads and rotors would be covered.

Would also suggest you get prices from other well regarding extended warranty companies like Fidelity and Axiom.

·
Registered
2017 Porsche Macan
14 Posts
What’s safe Guard Porsche warranty?
SafeGuard is the company that has partnered with Porsche to underwrite the Vehicle Service Protection warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Porsche Macan
14 Posts
Where are you seeing this? While certain elements of the brake system may be covered, I would be shocked if durable items like pads and rotors would be covered.

Would also suggest you get prices from other well regarding extended warranty companies like Fidelity and Axiom.
Brakes are on the list of covered components on the Porsche website Porsche Protection Plan Products - Porsche USA

I would also be surprised if it actually covered wear parts suc as pass and rotors. Thanks for your recommendation.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Brakes are on the list of covered components on the Porsche website Porsche Protection Plan Products - Porsche USA

I would also be surprised if it actually covered wear parts suc as pass and rotors. Thanks for your recommendation.
I just purchased the SunGuard warranty (Porsche VSP) and the agreement clearly states consumables are not covered.

See section 6 c

I think what the site you point to says is the warranty will cover brake system. ABS, Calipers, electronics, etc. These are not consumables

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
So I ended up crossing over to a non sales tax state plus a better price to boot to obtain a five year add on until Jan. 15, 2028 for me for $4,879 with a $250 deductible through the Safe-Guard/Porsche program. This is transferable and cancelable. Total mileage allowed is 75,000 and I have 15,000 on it now.

·
Registered
841 Posts
So I ended up crossing over to a non sales tax state plus a better price to boot to obtain a five year add on until Jan. 15, 2028 for me for $4,879 with a $250 deductible through the Safe-Guard/Porsche program. This is transferable and cancelable. Total mileage allowed is 75,000 and I have 15,000 on it now.
Peace of mind ("no worries") is worth a ton and, of course, if you do in fact keep your Macan for that long term it could very well turn out to be money well spent.
That said, I'm of the opinion - in general - that these extended warranty programs are designed to make money for those that offer them. If they determine they are paying out more than they're taking in, terms will be quickly adjusted.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Peace of mind ("no worries") is worth a ton and, of course, if you do in fact keep your Macan for that long term it could very well turn out to be money well spent.
That said, I'm of the opinion - in general - that these extended warranty programs are designed to make money for those that offer them. If they determine they are paying out more than they're taking in, terms will be quickly adjusted.
The insurers spread their risk out over a huge number and we little old individuals look at it as if lightning strikes.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts