Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safe-Guard "Porsche" extended warranty VS Fidelity....which one is better??

I got a quote for both of them and the price is more or less the same.....so now I don't know what to do.....

My "stealership" quoted me for Fidelity almost twice the price that I got from another out of state guy.....(not a Porsche dealer, by the way!!)

For sure I need to get one, my A/C stopped working and of course there was no gas in it, but the service dept told me that they can not detect any leaks....probably in the near future it will stop working again and with the factory warranty expired....I can not imagine what they will want to charge for changing the evaporator....

I assume that since the first Macans are probably beginning right now to be out of warranty it will be a difficult question to answer at this moment.

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
What’s safe Guard Porsche warranty?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/porschefinancialservices/protectionplan/

If you go to the previous link, its the Porsche "Vehicle Service Protection"....but actually I think its really a third party warranty administered by Safe Guard, a third party warranty like the one offered by Fidelity......I would like to think that if it is like "endorsed" by Porsche....it would be better, but there are a lot of articles in blogs saying that the Fidelity one is not bad, but almost nothing about the Safe Guard "Porsche Vehicle Service Protection" plan......

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
What quotes did you get for the Porsche Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) plan?

At least from the pdf file I see it covers shocks, which the Fidelity Platinum plan doesn’t cover.

·
Registered
143 Posts
See below, I attached the files for the Safeguard quote
Just make sure you double check with them, but if I am not mistaken this warranty starts from the in-service date as opposed to the moment you buy it like the Fidelity one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it’s in service date, is the price the same if I have 2 years left on original 4 year warranty versus waiting until I’m almost at end of 4 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's right, the Safe-Guard 120 months warranty (10 years) equals the Fidelity 6 years, assuming you get the Fidelity just before the original 4 year warranty expires.....(6+4=10 years)
So for the SafeGuard it won't matter much when you buy it (well the interest would matter), but for the Fidelity you need to get it just before the factory warranty is about to expire.

I just don't know which one to get, extended warranties are notorious for not paying when needed, although it seems Fidelity is a serious company, and the less know Safe-guard is promoted by Porsche!!

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
I only checked the Safe-Guard policies.

It seems to be about $1500 more than the Fidelity Platinum plan that's quoted by Troy ($51xx) for a total of 10 years/100k miles, or extra 6 years/60k miles on top of the OEM warranty.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fidelity Platinum....($ 51xx)?? .....$500 deductible??

for a $250 deductible for 10 years/100k miles I got a quote of about $72xx......Maybe I should keep shopping around....

See below:

Here’s all the basic info and quotes:

Vehicle: 2015 – 2019 Porsche Macan with 35,001 - 45,000 miles.

Fidelity Platinum w/ $250 deductible.

2 yr / 24K - $2828.00

3 yr / 36K - $4201.00

4 yr / 48K - $5671.00
4 yr / 60K - $6087.00

5 yr / 60K - $6848.00
6 yr / 60K - $7292.00
6 yr / 72K - $7724.00

Gold w/ $250 deductible.
2 yr / 24K - $1967.00

3 yr / 36K - $2655.00

4 yr / 48K - $3495.00
4 yr / 60K - $3728.00

5 yr / 60K - $4216.00
6 yr / 60K - $4445.00
6 yr / 72K - $4666.00

Here is the basic purchase info if / when you decide to purchase.

I would need you to mail, fax, or scan/email me an original signed letter
indicating the exact current mileage on your vehicle, and a copy of your
current registration.(If you are in a state where you don't get your state
registration right away, I can also use a copy of the bill of sale, purchase
contract, or some other official document which shows the owners name
and address, along with the vehicles VIN)

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Subscribed. Also interested in which is “better.” Looking to purchase extended warranty in the next few months before hitting 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
If the Safe Guard extended warranty is administrated by Porsche, I would pay the extra $1000 or so for the 10 yrs/100k miles plan over the the Fidelity Platinum plan.

Reactions: nishs

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Fidelity. Got a great rate for 6/60 on my 911 (under $4K). Platinum plan.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Anyone hear of USWC. I am getting a quote of 5600 no deductible for the platinum level for an extra 3 year 70k max miles. My car currently has 40k miles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Be careful and do research on the companies history and ability to remain solvent.
In 2000, I purchased warranties for 2 cars from Warranty Gold that had an A rating. 2 years later they went bankrupt screwing thousands including me. They were originally based on Nebraska but quietly moved their assets to the Cayman Islands. Almost 20 years later, the class action lawsuit is still fighting to get a payoff. Lawyers are eating up whatever is left.

https://www.google.com/search?q=warranty+gold+class+action&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I’m very skeptical of 3rd party warranties.
Will the company be there in 3,4 or 6 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,745 Posts
I am going to contact a few local Porsche dealers about the Porsche Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) plan.

If it is administrated by Porsche, I am willing to pay more for it than the Fidelity plan, for which I have read so many bad reviews online.

Reactions: nishs

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am going to contact a few local Porsche dealers about the Porsche Vehicle Service Protection (VSP) plan.

If it is administrated by Porsche, I am willing to pay more for it than the Fidelity plan, for which I have read so many bad reviews online.
Any updates on the VSP by Porsche?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts