Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to this article, there is a possibility that the Macan will have a seven speed manual transmission. This kind of strikes me as odd, but if I remember correctly so did the Evoque for a time.

Do you guys see a manual tranny selling? Would you buy it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Macan, like the Panamera and 911 GT3, will only be available with the 7-speed PDK.

The redesigned 2015 Cayenne will be the 8-speed auto only.

Those that want a manual transmission, order a 2014 Cayenne with the 6-speed, while you still can!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Macan, like the Panamera and 911 GT3, will only be available with the 7-speed PDK.

The redesigned 2015 Cayenne will be the 8-speed auto only.

Those that want a manual transmission, order a 2014 Cayenne with the 6-speed, while you still can!
So is the Macan coming with or without a manual transmission? I expected it to just have an automatic since the Cayenne is switching to that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
yes, my Porsche rep confirmed automatic only (no stick options) on Macan, 2015 Cayenne, Panamera, 911 GT3, ...
PDK is not auto, its dual clutch. I'd be game for a DCT Macan for shoooouuuuuuure. I've driven the Cayenne with a 6S in it and i have to say its not as fun as i imagined it would be. The Cayenne just doesnt respond in the same way... Sure it sounds great on downshifts and overrun but the problem is you cant drive it like you want to because of its height, roll over risks ya know...

·
Registered
22 Posts
PDK is not auto, its dual clutch. I'd be game for a DCT Macan for shoooouuuuuuure. I've driven the Cayenne with a 6S in it and i have to say its not as fun as i imagined it would be. The Cayenne just doesnt respond in the same way... Sure it sounds great on downshifts and overrun but the problem is you cant drive it like you want to because of its height, roll over risks ya know...
The Macan will only be offered with the 7-speed PDK.
Call it what you want (i.e. dual clutch), but, it can shift gears automatically for you and does NOT come with the 3rd pedal ... the clutch pedal.
To me, that's an auto trans, not a manual trans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.