Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well didn’t think I would be here. I am a car addict, and I need to stop. Latest acquisition in January was an Audi RS6. It did everything perfect, but too perfect, and became a very boring car.
Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Car

Listed for sale, and sold within a day. Now I had to start looking for options. Really like what Tesla came out with on the New Model S. Placed a couple deposits for Model S LR, but they just kept getting delayed. I then found an unsold G80 M3 6MT, and I was willing to look past the grill for a car for immediate delivery. Thankfully it had a stop sale for surround camera install, as parts are in short supply. In the meantime, a gentleman on the rennlist GT4 forum started a thread on what’s your other daily car. Two cars kept coming up: G80 M3, and a Macan variation. I had thought about a Macan in the past, but for whatever reason didn’t pursue. I am sure glad I did this time. I searched cargurus, forums, cars, Porsche CPO locater, and finally autotrader where I found my new to me CPO 21 Macan GTS in Volcano Grey. I am currently in honey moon phase, so I will give more time on my impressions. The first couple hat come to mind are air suspension and transmission. PDK in this rig rocks, and the ride is compliant for a daily. It so far is doing everything right, while not being boring. Excited for what the future holds with it.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
305 Posts
Nice GTS, welcome on board!

Reactions: kj71109

·
Registered
241 Posts
WOW I love your rs6 spec. Can you please elaborate more on why you weren't a fan? Was it too isolating, hid its speed too well?

I can maybe relate after having driven the m5 comp a handful of times- super fast but not nearly as engaging as my macan gts. You could be doing 120 and feel like you were cruising down a side street- not much drama.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW I love your rs6 spec. Can you please elaborate more on why you weren't a fan? Was it too isolating, hid its speed too well?

I can maybe relate after having driven the m5 comp a handful of times- super fast but not nearly as engaging as my macan gts. You could be doing 120 and feel like you were cruising down a side street- not much drama.
Thank you! It was an amazing car. Exactly that. It wanted to cruise over 100MPH. It was very isolating, even with catless downpipes and stage 2 Flash. I tried to love it, as I said if they ever brought them over, I would buy one, but I just couldn’t stay with it. Air suspension was surprising little more bouncy than my current Macan is as well. Getting 3 kids in and out low to the ground also was not as fun. Hitting my head on the roof a few times putting them in was frustrating. Overall, I think it was just the numb Audi experience. The last few I have owned are just that, numb and boring no matter what you do to them.

I also had an M5 First edition.That car was insanely fast, but rough and boring. Also looked very pedestrian. I only kept that one 2 months.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Also had a Panny ST for a bit, but car droned with its exhaust and pano roof couldn’t be open with my roof rack. My kids didn’t like it either for whatever reason.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Cloud

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Welcome to the group & congrats on your Macan, OP! I was interested in your comments on the RS6. The Spousal Unit got very close to getting an RS6 Avant earlier this summer, but passed. He was also a bit concerned about getting into & out of a sedan/wagon at his advanced age. :p He got his Benz instead. He's pretty happy with it for now, but he's almost as bad as you are on the musical cars. It's a lovely car, but rides a bit softer than I'm used to. We took it on a long-distance road trip this summer & it was wonderful for that - smooth, comfortable, & lots of power.

You & @MDJAK need to meet, the way you flip cars. Yeah Mark, I know: pot meet kettle. But, I'm done for now, I swear! ;)

Reactions: TXRed and kj71109

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the group & congrats on your Macan, OP! I was interested in your comments on the RS6. The Spousal Unit got very close to getting an RS6 Avant earlier this summer, but passed. He was also a bit concerned about getting into & out of a sedan/wagon at his advanced age. :p He got his Benz instead. He's pretty happy with it for now, but he's almost as bad as you are on the musical cars. It's a lovely car, but rides a bit softer than I'm used to. We took it on a long-distance road trip this summer & it was wonderful for that - smooth, comfortable, & lots of power.

You & @MDJAK need to meet, the way you flip cars. Yeah Mark, I know: pot meet kettle. But, I'm done for now, I swear! ;)
Interested if he has test driven a Macan GTS or Turbo yet?

I personally think I may be hooked on the Porsche experience. It is just not like anything else that I have driven. I really wanted a rig that was similar to my GT4, and I think I have found it in the Macan GTS. The user interface is very similar. Driving position is excellent. I like buttons with functionality, and this one has all of those plus some, so it makes daily driving very user friendly. The Macan drives small like my GT4 as well, and that's what I wanted most of all. Vehicles just keep getting bigger and bigger unfortunately. I have 3 kiddos, two in car seats, and for me there is no reason to get anything bigger than a Macan. Throw my roof box on for the extended trips, and I'll be all set.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Interested if he has test driven a Macan GTS or Turbo yet?

I personally think I may be hooked on the Porsche experience. It is just not like anything else that I have driven. I really wanted a rig that was similar to my GT4, and I think I have found it in the Macan GTS. The user interface is very similar. Driving position is excellent. I like buttons with functionality, and this one has all of those plus some, so it makes daily driving very user friendly. The Macan drives small like my GT4 as well, and that's what I wanted most of all. Vehicles just keep getting bigger and bigger unfortunately. I have 3 kiddos, two in car seats, and for me there is no reason to get anything bigger than a Macan. Throw my roof box on for the extended trips, and I'll be all set.
The Macan is a smaller car than the Hubster cares to drive. I had a 2016 Turbo that I drove for 4 years before I got this Cayenne that I'm driving now. He liked it okay, but preferred something bigger. I prefer the feel of the Porsche cars, too. In fact, I replaced my 2020 X3MC (that replaced the Macan) with this Cayenne because I missed my Macan so much, but wanted something a hair bigger. BMW's tech puts Porsche's to shame & the X3 had more HP than my Cayenne does, but it was missing that wonderful Porsche feel, so here I am.

Reactions: kj71109

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Well didn’t think I would be here. I am a car addict, and I need to stop. Latest acquisition in January was an Audi RS6. It did everything perfect, but too perfect, and became a very boring car.
View attachment 246207

Listed for sale, and sold within a day. Now I had to start looking for options. Really like what Tesla came out with on the New Model S. Placed a couple deposits for Model S LR, but they just kept getting delayed. I then found an unsold G80 M3 6MT, and I was willing to look past the grill for a car for immediate delivery. Thankfully it had a stop sale for surround camera install, as parts are in short supply. In the meantime, a gentleman on the rennlist GT4 forum started a thread on what’s your other daily car. Two cars kept coming up: G80 M3, and a Macan variation. I had thought about a Macan in the past, but for whatever reason didn’t pursue. I am sure glad I did this time. I searched cargurus, forums, cars, Porsche CPO locater, and finally autotrader where I found my new to me CPO 21 Macan GTS in Volcano Grey. I am currently in honey moon phase, so I will give more time on my impressions. The first couple hat come to mind are air suspension and transmission. PDK in this rig rocks, and the ride is compliant for a daily. It so far is doing everything right, while not being boring. Excited for what the future holds with it.
View attachment 246208
Put a sticky note on your dash 'Remember the Bike' when pulling into your garage.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put a sticky note on your dash 'Remember the Bike' when pulling into your garage.
Thank you! I really remember to remove with the Macan as it barely fits under my lift. Clears only by 2 inches
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

To your point, I have done it once with a previous car and bike. Thankfully that day I was pulling in very slow and stopped immediately with no damage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, as a current owner of 3 Audi’s I am actually shocked you went from the RS6 to the Macan. I understand your reasons and am currently on the hunt for one (downsizing as the kids leave the nest) so I’m glad to read your perspective as it helps to guide my decision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the last generation RS6 and whilst it was a superb car I never really fell in love with it. It was stupendously fast, but that was better suited to crushing continental miles rather than the back road blast, especially on our broken Scottish tarmac.
I ended up trading it in against a RS3 which was much more nimble, still properly quick and more fun, IMHO. That got traded in for a brand new RS3 which I kept for (a record!) 3 years… which then made way for my 992C4S, and now the Macan Turbo 👍

·
Registered
261 Posts
To your point, I have done it once with a previous car and bike. Thankfully that day I was pulling in very slow and stopped immediately with no damage.
Lol I actually drove into my garage with my AR Stelvio Boot Open, luckily only the rear window wiper motor clipped the top of the garage door frame. Went to get groceries with the misses and one would assume, when one removes items from the rear boot, they already hit the close hatch button. Nope big mistake. The rear window wiper motor still works surprisingly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts