Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2017 Macan S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have recently purchased a 2017 Macan S.
I am looking to remove the roof rails from the roof rack, but was not provided a key. Where would I purchase a replacement key for the Porsche roof rails?

· Registered
479 Posts
My roof rack is by Yakima and has key locks too, assume the same on her Porsche rack. I agree that maybe a Porsche dealer has a master key that would work, otherwise you might need to go to a locksmith to pick the locks.

· Registered
639 Posts
Here's an illustration of various fastener heads. If it uses Allen screws/bolts (fifth down in the left column), then an Allen key would suffice:

Torx? Torx fasteners are more popular on newer vehicles.​
I think the fastener holding the cross bars is hex but it really doesn't matter since to access the fitting you need a key to unlock the cover to access it. Best bet is probably the dealer or a locksmith

· Banned
192 Posts
Kat, if the prior owner is unable to locate the keys, a visit to the dealer will be the answer. They will be able to order a set of replacement keys once you prove vehicle ownership.

Smart move to take off the crossbars anytime you're not using them. Road & Track recently calculated that a set of crossbars degraded on of their test vehicles' fuel economy by 3 mpg. The Macan highway economy is already bad enough!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts