Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon returning home two weeks ago, I discovered that I had managed to drive over some fresh road markings and sprayed yellow all over my wheel wells and on the paint and side blades. I've tried some of the online recommended removal methods - spraying with WD40 and washing, etc. No dice yet. Any of you folks have any suggestions about how to get this crap off my car?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hopefully you have waxed recently? Earlier in the summer was able to remove some yellow paint spray from my truck with a clay bar and some Griots Speed Shine as a lubricant.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There are some of the responses from a detailing forum I belong to:

(In no particular order)

GOOF OFF PRO STRENGTH REMOVER

Get Off Clean

QD spray and plastic razor blade

Mineral spirits or a medium clay bar

Hope this helps, and good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wife did the same. Lucky to have Xpel covering most of the front. Razor blade paint off windshield. Took it to a high end detailer that got most of it off except some of more recessed area which are hard to notice. Did not ask him what he used but I know he spent a lot of time on it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a wax on parts of the car when I installed my rack, but I don't remember if I covered the impacted panels. No PPF down there, unfortunately.

You guys rock. Thanks for checking with your detailing forum, @Sizzle Chest. I'm going to give those a shot - least to most aggressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts