Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got sideswiped, hit-and-run but luckily damage was minimal.

Body detail done but my 21" RS Spyders took the brunt of it, one area in particular. Any LA area shop recommendations to get rims properly repaired. Reached out to a few mobile services but none are able to "fill", only cover up and polish. Thank you.

*Actually had tire/wheel protection coverage but canceled it a few months ago since I was driving so little w. COVID. Oh well.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually reached out to them. They were very upfront and honest. Quoted $100 for the job. Damage is quite deep so willing to spend a bit more, $250, to get it done properly.

"I just wanted to give you a heads up that we can fix your wheel but it may not be 100% like new again. Your wheel has a machined finish, that's not something we can match in a mobile setting. Since we specialize in wheel painting, the technician would smooth out and remove the damage and then paint over the repaired areas. It does make a big improvement though. Additionally, based on the photo, it doesn't look to be too deep, but if it is gouged, there may be a slight dip in the wheel once the repair is completed since we don't use filler."

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Got sideswiped, hit-and-run but luckily damage was minimal.

Body detail done but my 21" RS Spyders took the brunt of it, one area in particular. Any LA area shop recommendations to get rims properly repaired. Reached out to a few mobile services but none are able to "fill", only cover up and polish. Thank you.

*Actually had tire/wheel protection coverage but canceled it a few months ago since I was driving so little w. COVID. Oh well.
I know it's going to bug you, but I would just let it be and consider it wear and tear or character. As soon as you fix that something else will happen. I would clean it and seal it with some clear coat. Good luck though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have never seen a mobile wheel repair that looks good. They are all similar to the guys who drive around claiming to be able to repair your minor body damage in your driveway and look like new. Maybe if you are 95 years old and half blind.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it's going to bug you, but I would just let it be and consider it wear and tear or character. As soon as you fix that something else will happen. I would clean it and seal it with some clear coat. Good luck though.
Agree - I'm probably going to hold off, save my $ for now and wait until something else happens. Good to have the resources above when I'm ready.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This Macan is wider than my previous cars. Stuff happens. Every time I touch a curb a mental note goes off. It says 'Ca Ching'. This means another $165.00 to fix.
I’m grateful that my ‘21 S has a passenger-side mirror that tips down and the ability to set the Diamond Button to “Surround View”. I’m not ashamed to admit I don’t mind getting a little assist when I’m parking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts