Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Tigas, have the lights been working properly since you had the dealer install the new ones?

My light started working about a month ago but just yesterday I noticed it wasn’t lighting up again.

It has been raining here for a couple of days and I’m thinking water must be creating this short circuit somewhere in the light which causes it to fail.

I just purchased one rear passenger light to exchange for my current one so I’m hoping that will fix the problem.

I’ll keep this thread updated as that might be the only fix to this problem....exchanging the lights.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good night this would drive me nuts. I will ask our local guy if they've run into this. I'm going over there this afternoon cause they got a Taycan in last night and I wanted to see it first hand.

I know this isn't a help, but I had a side marker light issue for over a year on a Merc. It only surfaced when it rained, sometimes following a wash, but mostly when going from cool to very warm temps. So I attributed this to perhaps condensation building some where. I got the dash warning though, and that was really annoying because the warning would go off just enough to be a PITA. But after I shut off and left it parked for a while, the warning would go away, the light would start working again and then continue for months at a time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wanted to update this post:

Today I changed my passenger rear light and it is working great. While I was doing the exchange, I did not notice any condensation in the panel after taking the light out which is why I was thinking it might have been failing on and off.

I believe it was just a defective light, as once I replaced the outer portion of the light, the smaller light (the one attached to the trunk portion) worked as well.

Seems like the light has some sort of computer module inside itself? Not sure, but I’m just happy I was able to get the entire light to work without having to disassemble the trunk to get the small light out.

If you are experiencing problems as describe above, I would suggest buying a rear light and changing it.

Looks like that is truly the only way to fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 18 Macan GTS. Went to the dealership. They changed the control unit for rear-end electronics and the light assembly under warranty. Everything works great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That’s great to hear! So far mine hasn’t given me anymore issues since I’ve replaced the rear outer light. Looks like that was my simple fixed. My car wasn’t under warranty and I didn’t want to deal with the headache of not having a car for sometime.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts