Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
ADM? Here dealers are way more creative. How about the following on top of the MSRP?
They called it Price Adjustment BUT it included:
.Performance wrap CFP
.Window tint
.Prepaid Scheduled Maintenance
.3 year of LowJack subscription 不不不不不不不
All the above for just $20,000. 互互互互
On a Macan?

Registered
I walked away from my MY23 GTS I had a deposit on since January. Dealer called me last week to tell me I was good to order then out of the blue told me that he wanted $7k over. I've been a customer of the dealership for 6+ years and was replacing a MY16 Macan S that got hit and totaled. I told him no way, offered $2k max which they turned down (stated they're getting $4,400 over on a BASE Macan). I walked away. Called two other dealerships, Greenwich CT (wanted $12,500 over MSRP) and a dealer in NJ (wanted $15,000 over MSRP). These guys are nuts, I'll wait until the rates are so high and they have these things on the lot begging to give them away for $10k under...

Registered
2022 Macan Gran Turismo Sport
My $5k ADM for a 2022 Macan GTS is nothing compared to having the price raised on a 2023MY switch over regardless and then them asking for an ADM after. They raised the price by $3k just barely on the Macan. So with that math I only paid a $2k ADM as my car is brand new.

Plus I declined all the extras and mandatory add ons. So out the door my $5k ADM was negligible.

With the electric steering column adjustment cancellation and the MY23 switch over. That means the EV is about here and good luck with those ridiculous prices at that point. It wont be cheap. Check out Taycans and their sister the ETron, they are even more expensive.

Registered
Called two other dealerships, Greenwich CT (wanted $12,500 over MSRP) and a dealer in NJ (wanted $15,000 over MSRP). These guys are nuts, I'll wait until the rates are so high and they have these things on the lot begging to give them away for $10k under...
I'm with you . . . . cold day in xxxx before I'd pay a nickel over. Neighbor did one of those $100,000 over 911 Speedsters.

I opted to get a different car . . . . more HP, 0.8 faster in the 0-60. . . special ordered and got 2% off dealer INVOICE + $500 Loyalty . . . . traded Macan and walked away with the 2022 and a wad of cash.

When I can talk to a dealer about 8% off . . . maybe.

Macan, between partner and I (she's well over $2M in Porsches) was out collective 9th Porsche.

Registered
Reactions: lyricgskills

Registered
I walked away from my MY23 GTS I had a deposit on since January. Dealer called me last week to tell me I was good to order then out of the blue told me that he wanted $7k over. I've been a customer of the dealership for 6+ years and was replacing a MY16 Macan S that got hit and totaled. I told him no way, offered $2k max which they turned down (stated they're getting $4,400 over on a BASE Macan). I walked away. Called two other dealerships, Greenwich CT (wanted $12,500 over MSRP) and a dealer in NJ (wanted $15,000 over MSRP). These guys are nuts, I'll wait until the rates are so high and they have these things on the lot begging to give them away for $10k under...
Its a shame that Greenwich Porsche charges such a high ADM or charges one at all. Throughout our buying process, an SA that I spoke to there was by far the most helpful even more than our own SA at the dealership we wound up buying from. He walked me through the process, went over my build, told me what questions to ask all the while knowing I wouldnt be buying from him because of the ADM. I emailed him about a week ago with more questions (our SA has been going through some personal stuff and communication has been spotty) and he called me back within minutes. Really good guy.

Registered
Its a shame that Greenwich Porsche charges such a high ADM or charges one at all. Throughout our buying process, an SA that I spoke to there was by far the most helpful even more than our own SA at the dealership we wound up buying from. He walked me through the process, went over my build, told me what questions to ask all the while knowing I wouldnt be buying from him because of the ADM. I emailed him about a week ago with more questions (our SA has been going through some personal stuff and communication has been spotty) and he called me back within minutes. Really good guy.
That's good to know, I've always heard mixed things about Greenwich. My dealer was Pepe in Larchmont and getting responses from them was like pulling teeth on the sales side. Service side has always been great though.

All in all it is what it is and the market is where it's at. If people are willing to shell out the cash, they're going to keep charging it. I have a deposit on a Grecale Trofeo at my local dealership who isn't going to be charging any ADM. So unfortunately Porsche probably just lost a customer (I'm sure they're not overly concerned though)

Registered
Wait for your turn. As always things will come back to normal and when he calls you begging to sell a car below MSRP you tell him you will buy it somewhere else. Ive done this many times with BMW. There are idiots all over the place but I am not one of them.

Reactions: Bking

Registered
I actually wanted a MY2023 Macan GTS and was ready to order one....until I learned of the ridiculous $10k ADM the dealerships in my area want, together with a 1 year wait.

No thanks Porsche....went for a MY2023 BMW M3 Comp xDrive at MSRP with an expected Sep delivery.

Registered
I actually wanted a MY2023 Macan GTS and was ready to order one....until I learned of the ridiculous $10k ADM the dealerships in my area want, together with a 1 year wait.

No thanks Porsche....went for a MY2023 BMW M3 Comp xDrive at MSRP with an expected Sep delivery.
Maybe Porsche dealers are using Porsches smaller size/lower volume to justify these ridiculous ADM charges. Well, if you saw my post above my dealer is innovating and charging a $20k ADM but that includes 3 years of LowJack subscription. 不不不不

I noticed last week two emails from the Mercedes SA offering me to order a new GLS with no ADM at all to start production now. Things are starting to change.

Reactions: Masscan

Registered
Maybe Porsche dealers are using Porsches smaller size/lower volume to justify these ridiculous ADM charges.
You're going to have to come up with a better theory . . . no one is getting more ridiculous ADM than Ford . . . even after the dealers were scolded from Detroit. Check out the new Ford Bronco and you'll see what I mean. Pal bought 2 since he was pals with a dealer and could score them at MSRP. Figured he'd sell the 2nd and pay for $20K of the first.

Interesting way to game the system if it works.

Registered
You're going to have to come up with a better theory . . . no one is getting more ridiculous ADM than Ford . . . even after the dealers were scolded from Detroit. Check out the new Ford Bronco and you'll see what I mean. Pal bought 2 since he was pals with a dealer and could score them at MSRP. Figured he'd sell the 2nd and pay for $20K of the first.

Interesting way to game the system if it works.
Cars looks ugly. I wouldnt want one so cannot imagine having two of those.

Reactions: CourtneyNYC

Registered
Cars looks ugly. I wouldnt want one so cannot imagine having two of those.
Could not agree more . . . They have ZERO appeal to me and I see them popping up EVERYWHERE in NY and Palm Beach. It's a shame that Ford didn't simply stay true to the original Bronco (some of which are selling in the $100K+ range) heritage. The new ones are goody and lack the iconic looks of the Jeep Wrangler . . . a vehicle that makes zero sense but yet, I always feel drawn to simply because they look so nifty.

Registered
I noticed last week two emails from the Mercedes SA offering me to order a new GLS with no ADM at all to start production now. Things are starting to change.
I gave up on Mercedes as well since both the AMG GLC 63 and the C63 have dropped the V8 for MY2023 and replacing with 4 cylinder engines....no thank you.

As for the Bronco, I'm not a fan of the module roof. I'd rather get a Land Rover Defender instead.

Registered
I gave up on Mercedes as well since both the AMG GLC 63 and the C63 have dropped the V8 for MY2023 and replacing with 4 cylinder engines....no thank you.

As for the Bronco, I'm not a fan of the module roof. I'd rather get a Land Rover Defender instead.
Is the engine change forever or just temporary? My SA said that on the GLS they stopped producing the V8 and AMG models last year because they did not have the parts. So they basically eliminated the choice to order those models but my understanding was just until parts were available again. An AMG with 4 cylinders is not an AMG.

As for the Land Rover, I rented one last month. No thank you!!! The car was so underwhelming that I cant understand how they justify the price tag.

Registered
Is the engine change forever or just temporary?
Starting MY2023, the 4 banger replaces the V8....permanently. No V6 for those AMGs either....sad.

An AMG with 4 cylinders is not an AMG.
Totally agree.

As for the Land Rover, I rented one last month. No thank you!!! The car was so underwhelming that I cant understand how they justify the price tag.
Did you rent a Defender 110 with the 3.0L i6 395 HP engine?

The Defender X 110 would be the model I'd buy.

Registered
Did you rent a Defender 110 with the 3.0L i6 395 HP engine?

The Defender X 110 would be the model I'd buy.
Not sure. It was whatever Sixt had at Boston Logan Airport. Not only the engine was weak but the car looked very outdated in terms of technology.

Registered
Three emails and two calls in the last 7 days from the Mercedes dealer trying to convince me to order a new GLS. I think things are changing.

• Haha
Reactions: Softsand

Registered
I'm not fluent in BMW-ese . . . but have a couple friends with M Series cars and had to go look at that M3 Comp xDrive. It'd sn amazing car with an amazing set of features at prices that don't take your breath away . . . . I built until I though I had everything . . . and was about $20,000 below my favorite GTS build. Eager to hear how you like it.

I think things are changing.
They either are . . . or will. Perhaps different parts of the world will at differing rates. It's just not natural. While I understand a "better take it while you can get it" attitude on behalf or dealers I also think it's doing much to cement an already diminished opinion of dealers. There are 5 Porsche dealers in this area that would cause me to change brands rather than have to tolerate some combination of incompetence, lack of knowledge and an attitude that detracts from our buying experience.

We are kinda "car people" . . . the sickness of 8 cars for 2 retired people ain't normal. Spending days at PEC performance driving at 74 years old may be youth lingering a bit long for some . . . but, we enjoy it. We've purchased 3 - 2022 cars in the last 90 days and mostly because of dealers we enjoy working with.

Many of the Porsche dealers in the NYC area had produced a litany of ugly dealer stories and the recent "price adjustment" . . . for loyal customers . . . . is going make future sales about as easy as climbing a greased mirror.

I get them calling and writing about once a week and my offer to them would be "8% off or don't waste my time". They've simply alienated too may people and suffering through with an R8 Sypder while waiting for them to com e around ain't the end of the world.

Registered
I'm not fluent in BMW-ese . . . but have a couple friends with M Series cars and had to go look at that M3 Comp xDrive. It'd sn amazing car with an amazing set of features at prices that don't take your breath away . . . . I built until I though I had everything . . . and was about $20,000 below my favorite GTS build. Eager to hear how you like it.

They either are . . . or will. Perhaps different parts of the world will at differing rates. It's just not natural. While I understand a "better take it while you can get it" attitude on behalf or dealers I also think it's doing much to cement an already diminished opinion of dealers. There are 5 Porsche dealers in this area that would cause me to change brands rather than have to tolerate some combination of incompetence, lack of knowledge and an attitude that detracts from our buying experience.

We are kinda "car people" . . . the sickness of 8 cars for 2 retired people ain't normal. Spending days at PEC performance driving at 74 years old may be youth lingering a bit long for some . . . but, we enjoy it. We've purchased 3 - 2022 cars in the last 90 days and mostly because of dealers we enjoy working with.

Many of the Porsche dealers in the NYC area had produced a litany of ugly dealer stories and the recent "price adjustment" . . . for loyal customers . . . . is going make future sales about as easy as climbing a greased mirror.

I get them calling and writing about once a week and my offer to them would be "8% off or don't waste my time". They've simply alienated too may people and suffering through with an R8 Sypder while waiting for them to com e around ain't the end of the world.
It is the old story of supply and demand. Stupid people pay price adjustments. If nobody paid it dealers would be begging for buyers. 仄領儭 I dont pay over MSRP and even with Mercedes calling me now everyday to order a new GLS I made up my mind to keep my wifes current GLS until it dies. It has new brakes, new fluids, new tires and got detailed so it looks like new. They offered me less than $20k for that car so no chance I will pay $100k for a new one right now.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts