Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just saw an article last night on what cars are going for the highest markups. The Macan ranked third on the list, with a 23% surcharge which equated to $13,000 over sticker. Crazy for a vehicle that's been on the market this long. The Wrangler was number 1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just saw an article last night on what cars are going for the highest markups. The Macan ranked third on the list, with a 23% surcharge which equated to $13,000 over sticker. Crazy for a vehicle that's been on the market this long. The Wrangler was number 1.
Interesting - would love to see the article, but the $13,000 USD is spot on what my friend experienced. Funny thing is I have a Wrangler on order for just below MSRP, though the prices didn’t match the price from the dealer wound up being in the configuration tool, This dealership is great… Hopefully, no bad surprised as we get closer to delivery.

While having my ‘07 GT3 serviced, I asked out of curiosity if they had any allocations to order a GT3 or GT3 Touring. The salesman said that they did have 1 allocation slot for 23 GT3 (No GT3 touring available…) He said quietly that there would be a $25,000 market adjustment. I said, “wow - that $25000 mark up is crazy”. He replied, “One correction - it is a $125,000 mark up.” I then reflected on how much I enjoy my 07 GT3 and politely ended the conversation. This is absurd, but I guess if you have one slot, how do you decide who gets it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In addition… You’re buying a car that may or may not be made this year… It’s going to be built by people who are working one week… Off for a couple and back… And with parts that are intermittent and have some of them being installed by people at the port… It’s just a really really crummy way to manufacture anything.

my personal Take ….Fully cognizant that many people have different situations… is that unless I really needed a Porsche this year…I’d sit tight. With absolutely nothing to back it up… My gut is that the current situation is temporary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Interesting - would love to see the article, but the $13,000 USD is spot on what my friend experienced. Funny thing is I have a Wrangler on order for just below MSRP, though the prices didn’t match the price from the dealer wound up being in the configuration tool, This dealership is great… Hopefully, no bad surprised as we get closer to delivery.

While having my ‘07 GT3 serviced, I asked out of curiosity if they had any allocations to order a GT3 or GT3 Touring. The salesman said that they did have 1 allocation slot for 23 GT3 (No GT3 touring available…) He said quietly that there would be a $25,000 market adjustment. I said, “wow - that $25000 mark up is crazy”. He replied, “One correction - it is a $125,000 mark up.” I then reflected on how much I enjoy my 07 GT3 and politely ended the conversation. This is absurd, but I guess if you have one slot, how do you decide who gets it?
This isn't the exact article, but it's the same list. Hopefully posting this link isn't against any forum rules. If so, please delete this post.
Hope to see your Sapphire Macan rolling around Philly sometime - there aren't too many in our color here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Makes be glad to be in nyc area. They had multiple dealerships selling for msrp.
$13K above MSRP for Macan… must be for GTS.
no. It’s for a base. The article says 23.3% over msrp. That’s crazy. What’s crazier is I got mine for msrp recently. There’s zero chance I would have purchased my macan for 23% over msrp. I wouldn’t do it for 10% over.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in the DC area with multiple dealerships near us. The closest (thankfully) charges MSRP. But of course, inventory is low. Just for giggles, I started calling dealerships between here and the NYC “suburbs”. One dealer in NJ wanted 15% over MSRP for a GTS. Another dealer in CT wanted $10k over for an S, $15k over for a GTS. Unreal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in the DC area with multiple dealerships near us. The closest (thankfully) charges MSRP. But of course, inventory is low. Just for giggles, I started calling dealerships between here and the NYC “suburbs”. One dealer in NJ wanted 15% over MSRP for a GTS. Another dealer in CT wanted $10k over for an S, $15k over for a GTS. Unreal.
I'm also in the DC area, can concur that most of them are doing MSRP. Though some are still sneaking in other forms of ADMs, like required add-ons. The two dealers closest to me are requiring a $1500 ceramic coating add-on (they're both owned by the same mega-chain). Hence I'm ordering from the 3rd closest dealership (no add-ons).

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think everyone loves a deal though there are two sides to this. I loved that I worked with a friend/broker and got a bit less than MSRP on my '21 GTS and I scrambled to make sure the guy (SA) at the dealership of record got the mini credit for the sale. That said the markup on these from the factory/PCNA is not a giant windfall. They only get x number of cars and only make so much off each. That leaves the other arm of the business doing service and parts to make up the rest. You want your new car to be well cared for at a twenty first century first rate facility with well trained mechanics and a full inventory of parts so how does that happen? I bet you want the car for dealer cost and free service for life, plus a Turbo loaner, car detailed while there, and a massage.

If you bought it (or leased) the proposition must have been ok, Enjoy your car and give it a rest. Finally, when I see egregious ADM I ponder as well who will pull the trigger on that? Not my problem.
I don't really want the massage....COVID, you know. :giggle: But, all of us don't want to "beat the dealer". I KNOW I'll never get them into a deal that is dis-advantageous to them, so I don't even try. All I want is not to be thought of as "the rube of the century". Common sense comes into play as well. If money is no object, pay what they ask for what you want. That's what the money is for. The rest of we mere mortals have limits. Mine is MSRP. I traded in a 2019 S on a 2021 GTS and felt I was treated well on both aspects of the deal. This was in early 2021, so who knows about today? I got about 5% off sticker, but who knows how I fared on the trade in? I only cared about the bottom line. I was satisfied, they, obviously, were satisfied.

I think some dealers have more conscience than others. That said; it is a business. Business goes through cycles. I'll put in a plug here. My personal experience with Champion has been stellar.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Got an email from Herb Chambers Porsche in Burlington, MA today saying they wanted to buy my 2020 Macan GTS at the KBB price....which is not bad all, about $80k.

Problem was when I emailed back the salesperson asking when could I get a replacement MY2023 Macan GTS they said in about a year, and $10k over MSRP.

I told them thanks but no thanks, I'll keep what I got.

Reactions: Miami2022

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Whoa… local DFW news story on a couple who started a website where people can research dealers who gave customers really high ADMs…. They threw up a last minute stat on the screen at the end of the story… the two highest markups? First was a (I think) Jeep something…. Second? Porsche Macan at over $13K average markup! Wow.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
ADM? Here dealers are way more creative. How about the following on top of the MSRP?
They called it Price Adjustment BUT it included:
.Performance wrap CFP
.Window tint
.Prepaid Scheduled Maintenance
.3 year of LowJack subscription 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
All the above for “just” $20,000. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
Reactions: TXRed
81 - 100 of 124 Posts