·
Registered
2022 Macan Base Miami Blue
258 Posts
Ridiculous!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Government fee? I would press them on this. I see you're from the states. Tell them you'll be calling the attorney general for your state about that one. $7500 ADM is crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Any ADM is highway robbery. I’ve just recently seen where some manufacturers are looking at new car dealers who are making a practice of this as the manufacturer are not happy with this dealer practice. As far as I’m concerned I would never ever pay any ADM fees no car is worth it, talk about really loosing your butt as soon as you pull of the lot.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tangential question but... why would you spec a Base up to $72K? That's nicely (albeit judiciously) equipped S money.
I agree. Not really planning to buy this car... but it's the only one they have right now, and I just requested a quote to get an idea about lease payment etc.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
If nobody pays it they will have to sit on the cars. Problem is there is always an idiot that falls for that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow. Wow. Wow. Just bought a CPO BMW. They had an x5M or what ever the exact name was and they had a “Market Adjustment” of $5000 over sticker which I thought was crazy. The prices seem to be getting worse. I wonder if/when it will get better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow I have an Audi Q5 coming off lease in October and was hoping to get into a Macan S lease. At this point I think I will just buy the Q5 at the 25K residual, drive it for another 6 months until mid 2023 and then hopefully when all this craziness is over/improving look at selling the Q5 (hopefully) for the same 25K that I paid for it off lease and getting a Macan S with no ADM and maybe even a discount.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
603 Posts
Yea, the ADM is ridiculous but a 58% residual after 3 years is not that bad is it? I realize current market values are higher but it sounds reasonable to me. I will also need to make the lease/buy decision in a few weeks. It should have been an easy decision but I am still trying to think what the market will look like in 3-4 years when EVs, including the Macan are prevalent.

·
Premium Member
2022 GTS built 5/4/22
216 Posts
Not exactly in the case of Ford. Ford's letter to dealers had nothing to do with ADM. What they weakly warned them about was requiring $5 nonrefundable deposits for the EV F150 Lightning. However, they totally watered that down by allowing dealers to require customers to sign paperwork stating they could not resell the vehicle in the first year, as if it's some exotic one-off vehicle. Absolutely ridiculous. Tesla's model of selling over the internet is looking better by the minute. Ford stealer near me is asking $20k ADM for a 2021 Raptor and the same for a 2021 Bronco. I laughed in their face. And I told them the 2021 Raptor is a leftover at this point as the 2022s are out.

Bottom line: Thousands of customers are paying it day in and day out for if they weren't, the dealers couldn't charge it.
ah, thanks for correcting me on that! sorry folks for the incorrect info on Ford's message, my bad.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You guys complaining about paying over retail price don’t seem to mind getting discounts off that price when the market is in your favour

It is illegal to charge more than retail price here but at the same time they don’t discount any other time either apart from small freebies like window tint or mats etc

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I wonder if/when it will get better.
I'd GUESS a couple years . . . there are a couple interesting videos on the chain of event that have contributed. Big deal for me and we have a team of folks watching, monitoring and managing. I have about $170M of steel coming from China and about 600 miles of electrical wire coming from India and a $1M/Da penalty . . . someone tried to tell me "well at least we're 30% done" and I had to explain that the level or risk (we do these insane Monte Carlo exercises weekly) remains static until the very last of the 7,000 pieces of steel arrive. If I lack a single piece, I can't energize that 12,000 MW to Manhattan.

The scary part is that with domestic stuff I always know where it is and have lots of ways to get stuff it I need to "super expedite" (bringing a tower from Washington state in a "borrowed" C5-A) but in overseas stuff . . . it's a murky world of freight expediters, forwarding agents and brokers . . . like your Porsche on that boat . . . once it leaves Emden, is is completely 100% out of the control of Porsche factory, dealer or customer. ''

Buying a car in 2022 is, in many ways, a "fool's errand" unless you genuinely NEED one. Car's are being shipped "mostly built" to dealers that are under lots of pressure to deliver cars they can not legally deliver and the whole thing about "finishing it later" flies in the face of reason.

For most . . . this will work out fine and they'll be left with a great story about the angst of waiting and hoping their car had all the parts . . . . the Sorting Hat will identify those with and without power steering columns.

It's an unusual time and it's a temporary condition. I'd like a new car but need one like a kick in the shins. I am growing inclined to ditch the Macan while the market is like it is (I have recently rented 8 vehicles from Enterprise commercial awaiting delivery of 5 trucks and 3 Jeep Rubicons on order for work) and just drive the rented F-250 for now.

Dealers who screwed customers during all of this . . . I'd like to think . . . will pay a penalty in the future . . . but, we tend to have short memories. I've put a bid in for a new car with my dealers and told them "when you can sell it for xx% off the MSPR . . I'm a player . . call me when that happens". The Ford Fleet folks are good with that and have as much as told me they are laughing at the folks buying now . . reporting that some exude a sense that the apocalypse is upon us and if they don't pay the $20,000 ADM for that ridiculous Bronco . . . . they may be left carless for the next 5 years.

Unlikely in my book . . . but, as I said, this is all a guess and ya'll may be laughing at me and I'll be riding a bicycle.

:)

I will just buy the Q5 at the 25K residual, drive it for another 6 months until mid 2023
Smart move. Friend just bought her BMW out of her lease . . . and, by doing so, made about $15k,

1 - 20 of 124 Posts