Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source1: 2015 Porsche Macan Preview | J.D. Power

Standard equipment includes a color touch-screen radio with a 7-inch display screen and Aha smartphone pairing technology that provides Internet radio access, social media feeds, and a reversing camera. The driver sits on an 8-way power seat facing a multi-function steering wheel, and the ignition is placed to the left, a Porsche tradition.

Source2: 2015 Porsche Macan Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection

Since it's brand-new, the Macan has no crash-test data, but it does have the expected safety features and options. Alongside airbags, stability control, and standard all-wheel drive, it also gets Bluetooth and a rearview camera. On the options list are lane-keeping alerts, blind-spot monitors, and adaptive cruise control--and a panoramic glass roof.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Configurator has been proven wrong in many places and it has been correcting it :). One of them is incorrect JD/CarConnection or Configurator and there is equal probability here so I emailed dealer and Porsche USA.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
The Configurator really isn't the best...The turbo only has 1 package while the S has like 4.
This is partly because many options on the S are standard on the turbo. But I agree that the configurator leaves much to be desired...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am aware of its existence as a standalone option and also as part of preferred or preferred plus packages. The JD & CarConnection articles explicitly started reverse camera being a standard option so just checking who is right here and who is wrong.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
My guess is that the articles are wrong and the reverse camera is an option, and not standard equipment. It's also an option on the 958.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.