Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon a set of PDLS+ LEDs from a 2019. The price was right, so I decided to take a flier to see if they will work in our older, pre-facelift models.

The lights do not include the pair of required modules, so I will have to do a bit of digging to see what's needed. The attachments on the bottom appear to be similar to the PDLS+ on the 95B.1 lights, though the module on the side appears to be something different.

Updates to come...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed that too.

The 2019s don’t have washers. I don’t plan to use mine, so losing them isn’t really a big deal to me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah, I guess I’ve never really used mine either. Shouldn’t be too hard to yank it out and zip tie any extra wiring Interested to see how this plays out, good luck with it. How did you end up with a set?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this set on eBay.

I've reached out to the guys at getporscheparts to ask about the modules, as they don't list 2019 parts on their site yet.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow cool. Hope you figure it out.

Large silver module appears to be 7PP.941.572.AB (just the balast?)
Side black module 7PP.941.392 T
7PP.941.572.AB is what I'm guessing for the bottom, same last the 95B.1 LEDs.

The 95B.1LEDs do use 7PP.941.329.T on the side, but the plug looks different and is turned 90 degrees on this one, so I feel it's going to be a new module.

Here's a few pics from the older LEDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
7PP.941.572.AB is what I'm guessing for the bottom, same last the 95B.1 LEDs.

The 95B.1LEDs do use 7PP.941.329.T on the side, but the plug looks different and is turned 90 degrees on this one, so I feel it's going to be a new module.

Here's a few pics from the older LEDs.
Ok found another, maybe w/o T?

Looks like end one is 7PP.941.572.BC
PN 95B.941.329 for the side

What is the difference between the 2017-2018 vs 2019 in terms of output or looks?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok found another, maybe w/o T?
View attachment 227152
Looks like end one is 7PP.941.572.BC
PN 95B.941.329 for the side

What is the difference between the 2017-2018 vs 2019 in terms of output or looks?
Nice sleuthing!

Do you know if these are from the PDLS or the PDLS Plus lights? PDLS Plus (the ones I have) have 4 rectangular LED DRLs that slant inward towards the main light. Regular PDLS has 4 round dots.

Can you post where you found these (or PM me)?

No idea on the light output differences compared to the old LEDs. A few weeks back I did have a Macan loaner with the PDLS Plus lights, but dropped it off the same day so didn't have a chance to test night driving. I have to imagine they are as good if not better.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice sleuthing!

Do you know if these are from the PDLS or the PDLS Plus lights? PDLS Plus (the ones I have) have 4 rectangular LED DRLs that slant inward towards the main light. Regular PDLS has 4 round dots.

Can you post where you found these (or PM me)?

No idea on the light output differences compared to the old LEDs. A few weeks back I did have a Macan loaner with the PDLS Plus lights, but dropped it off the same day so didn't have a chance to test night driving. I have to imagine they are as good if not better.
Yeah sent PM. I thought you had bought LED upgrades when you did the PCCB?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I found this ballast which is from a 2019. Not sure if there is a difference between PDLS and PDLS+, but I've reached out to the seller to ask if they have info on the donor car. The AB variant would be easier to source, as this is the same ballast used in the 95B.1 LEDs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why bother w used when there are new ones?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice find.

I’m really curious what the trailing letters in the PN mean, or if they even matter.

Hopefully I can get some concrete info tomorrow from GPP.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got a response from GPP this morning.

Based on the actual PN of these lights, this is what they say I need.
  1. 2x Control units: 958-941-572-B $159.70
  2. 2x Power modules: 95B-941-329 $139.91
  3. 2x Fans: 95B-941-052-A $56.42
Parts have been ordered, though they have to come out of Germany...so 3-4 weeks.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts