Porsche Macan Forum banner
1121 - 1140 of 1169 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
AGM batteries also do not like being overcharged and it will shorten their life.

For what it's worth I did the swap a few weeks ago and did not register a new battery. I doubt in my case the battery will be overcharged since my wife barely drives it 6000 miles a year and it is 95 aH instead of 92. Also I do not think the Macan knows how to compensate for the life of the battery since the original battery was depleted.

Regardless I will be keeping a close eye on it with my multimeter.
Any updates on how that went? It is now feb 28,2022 and my new icarsoft POR v2.o would NOT register my new battery, even with the old varta bem code I got errors try again when I sent data. Sending it back tomorrow. My new battery has been in for a few days working fine unregistered.My new one was the same...95AH replacing 92AH. close nough.

·
Super Moderator
4,215 Posts
Hi!
Just got the car used. 2016 Macan S. Needs a battery. Too bad I did not know that prior to buying it. Still has the original varta with mid year 2015 stamped on battery post.
Put a non BEM code battery in, which I have read that almost all in the US do not have that code. I followed forums, I spent hours researching, and while it accepted the codes, when I pressed send, I got an error that it was rejected and to try again. I even tried to put the original varta BEM code in and got an error. I tried this about 10 times, and nope, would not take, said try again.
Did not register. Car started and runs fine! I am going to send this POS scanner back because this is the only reason I bought it. Anyone know if it works? I have heard no confirmation or have seen any videos of anyone using the POR v2.0 successfully.
thanks!

The iCarsoft POR II can not perform battery registration.

This has been discussed many, many times in various threads.

Research this again in this forum and you'll find I am correct. I too own one of these (iCarsoft devices) and have replaced it with an Autel MaxDiag MD808 Pro,
for this very (battery registration) reason(!!!).

Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the battery you used the same mAh as the one you removed?
No, the one I removed was a 5 year old original OEM porsche varta with BEM coding. I put in a die hard H8 95aH 850 battery that by spec is identical. No BEW was a pita so I used numbers off internet...looked like it was taking data until I sent it...forgot the message but it said failure and try again or something like that. Tried is 3 times. Then I used the original old battery data....same thing....fail try again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also replaced mine last month, after exactly 7 years. Replaced it with a DieHard H9, size fitment confirmed by @Teddis, so I went with that size too.

Registered battery immediately with Launch. Went smoothly.

New Battery before install:

View attachment 249750

Old Battery before removal:
View attachment 249757

New Battery installed. Vent line in place, and doing a full test with Launch BST360 (successful test)

View attachment 249752

View attachment 249756

View attachment 249754

Registering the battery:

View attachment 249755
The iCarsoft POR II can not perform battery registration.

This has been discussed many, many times in various threads.

Research this again in this forum and you'll find I am correct. I too own one of these (iCarsoft devices) and have replaced it with an Autel MaxDiag MD808 Pro,
for this very (battery registration) reason(!!!).

Good luck!
This is the icarsoft POR v2.0, and the option is in the menu as it prompts me, but then fails. Is this thing indeed a POS? I am gonna get the autel you have. thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
This is the icarsoft POR v2.0, and the option is in the menu as it prompts me, but then fails. Is this thing indeed a POS? I am gonna get the autel you have. thanks
Make sure you have POR V2.0 and not POR II - obnoxiously confusing.
Yes, the iCarSoft POR V2.0 does work.
Select service, BMS, and 911 as the vehicle (sounds crazy, but US tech confirmed it and it works). If you choose macan - you cannot enter enough characters for the part number and serial number and it will fail to communicate with the vehicle.

Also - the numbers serial numbers etc are not important to function correctly - for tracking and warranty purposes. What is important is AGM under type and amp rating.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone absolutely verified that the POR V2.0 works for battery registration? I just bought one feburary 28,2022 and can tell you that while it is in the menu, I have attempted 10 times, and even used the exact varta BEM code from old battery and I got an error that it would not take it and try again. I contacted icarsoft and got no reponse. I am going to return it for a foxwell.

Edit: Doh! Sounds like you got some confirmation...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure you have POR V2.0 and not POR II - obnoxiously confusing.
Yes, the iCarSoft POR V2.0 does work.
Select service, BMS, and 911 as the vehicle (sounds crazy, but US tech confirmed it and it works). If you choose macan - you cannot enter enough characters for the part number and serial number and it will fail to communicate with the vehicle.

Also - the numbers serial numbers etc are not important to function correctly - for tracking and warranty purposes. What is important is AGM under type and amp rating.
WOW! I just did it and it worked! Used the original varta part number and had to change the 650 part of other code to 651 and it took it! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks to this thread I just purchased the iCarsoft POR v2.0 from amazon.com for $145. Now I have to go figure out how to update it before using it.
The update is EASY! Mine was already up to date, but just plug it into your computer with the inluded USB cable, but first get the most up to date firmware from the icarsoft website. It is pretty much plug and play for that!

·
Registered
MACAN S 2018
8 Posts
Hi every one, Can any one guide for basic reset functions need in German cars ( battery , service, code erase , new brake etc etc) any scanner which can be used in ALL luxury German cars ( like porsche, benz etc) so we buy right one and can use it in future if any other german car bought OR for ever car we need different reset scanner. please guide

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Forum,
After reading this long but informative post, created an account to just add my experience. It is in line with other posts.
Objective was to register a new battery for my 2017 Macan S Diesel. 80k km's.
  • One day, the battery just died. Thinking back their have been some 'pre-warnings' like error messages from ACC and Tempolimit as well as navigation data not loading. Not the typical cranking difficulties. I use a ctek charger/maintainer frequently.
  • Replaced it with a Varta battery, H15, 105A, 950A, AGM, "Silver dynamic", 605 901 095 D85 2. For 199.99 Euro delivered on my doorstep the same day. This battery is indicated by various automotive parts shops as a direct replacement for my car/model/year. The original battery is also from Varta, different color though. It has identical key parameters. It did not have the BEM sticker, only a sticker with "A 12 H15 110 0AR" and a QR for the same.
  • During replacement, I had an external power supply connected to the jumpstart posts and set to 12.5V, some 4...5 Amps were flowing (note: if you use another battery iso a power supply, take care: the battery terminals 'remain' hot with as much energy as that backup battery can deliver, so at least use a thin wire :) )
  • When attempting to register the battery with my iCarsoft POR V2.00 (updated to V22.01, database 11.50, latest as of yesterday), this failed with the same message others mentioned: "Cannot receive correct response from vehicle"
  • The recent update on the iCarsoft did allow me to enter 11 and 15 digits, whereas an earlier firmware version only allowed for 11 and 10 digits. So, a step forward but not enough, in line with post #1129. I have an outstanding question with the local iCarsoft rep.
  • An earlier post suggested to use the 911 menu on the iCarsoft POR V2.00, however, in this case the maximum capacity I could enter was 99 Ah, so I cannot confirm this works for my 105 Ah battery.
  • I visited the local (recognized) expert, who was able with his tool (sorry, did not catch the name) to register the battery in a matter of minutes
  • He was also clear about the serial- and part-numbers: does not make much difference, as long as you use the required number of characters. Ah rating and battery type are important.
  • settings used:
105 Ah, AGM, Varta​
205 JCB4IB41FW0 (serial number, which is the same as on the sticker on the old battery)​
000915105CF (part number, which is the same as on the sticker on the old battery)​

So:
+1 for diy battery replacement with Varta
-1 for iCarsoft as their claim on the website "9. Battery Management System (BMS), registers new battery to the BMS while battery replacement." does not hold, at least not for a 2017 Macan s Diesel and a Varta 105Ah battery. @iCarsoft: appreciate your feedback!
All those who contributed: thanks!

Greeting from the Netherlands!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Everyone seems to always be referring to replacing either 92Ah or 105Ah batteries in their Macans...but my OE battery in my '17S is only 75Ah. It's size H7 (94r). In fact, it's the exact same battery as in my wife's '15 Q5 2.0L/ 4 cyl. Anybody know what's up with that? Why is my Macan battery so small compared to others?

I can replace with a like-for-like battery but with 80Ah rather than 75Ah (Exide, Bosch, Interstate/ Johnson Control/Clarios brands)...or should I be upgrading to a larger battery all together? H8/49 @ 92Ah or 105Ah?

May be this explains why my start/stop stopped working after 20K miles.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Everyone seems to always be referring to replacing either 92Ah or 105Ah batteries in their Macans...but my OE battery in my '17S is only 75Ah. It's size H7 (94r). In fact, it's the exact same battery as in my wife's '15 Q5 2.0L/ 4 cyl. Anybody know what's up with that? Why is my Macan battery so small compared to others?

I can replace with a like-for-like battery but with 80Ah rather than 75Ah (Exide, Bosch, Interstate/ Johnson Control/Clarios brands)...or should I be upgrading to a larger battery all together? H8/49 @ 92Ah or 105Ah?

May be this explains why my start/stop stopped working after 20K miles.
I wonder what amp size the dealer would replace he original 75 amp battery with? Could the owner request a larger amp battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
@HazelPDX
If I look at PET for the Macan I find various battery options:

Part number Description Note Model
958 611 075 20 Battery 75AH 16- IIY2/J1N
958 611 092 21 Battery 92AH IJ0B
5GM 915 105 AC Battery 92AH (BR) IJ0B
958 611 105 21 Battery 105AH IJ0P
5GM 915 105 AD Battery 105AH (BR) IJ0P
(BR) = Brazil
IIY2 Model year period from week 45 to week 22
IJ0B Battery (92 Ah) Battery
IJ0P Battery (105 Ah)
IJ1N Battery (75 Ah) [same as J1N ??]

So it seems 75, 92 and 105 Ah batteries are used, version dependent.
I would assume the battery with higher capacity (105 Ah) would be used (as in my case) for the 258 HP diesel version.

1121 - 1140 of 1169 Posts