Porsche Macan Forum banner

801 - 820 of 875 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
So I have an iCarSoft P700 V2.0. I'm told by them that it's the same as the POR. Anyway, I happened to email them today asking if they are going to add support for Macan BMS and he says they already have! Indeed Macan is there in the BMS menu for Porsche 11.35. Has anyone tried using the iCarSoft BMS yet?

edit: After searching this thread it seems like I am about a year behind on my knowledge :D
Anyway, would still like to hear people's experience using the BMS feature in iCarSoft.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I imagine it should be possible to just connect the jumper connectors under the hood to one of my other cars to keep the voltage up while I change the battery. Any reason this wouldn't work?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I imagine it should be possible to just connect the jumper connectors under the hood to one of my other cars to keep the voltage up while I change the battery. Any reason this wouldn't work?
I see no reason why that would not work. My only advice would be to not start the engine of the other car while changing out the battery.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I called Bosch (cannot seem to email them) Asked on voicemail what AGM they sell to replace the discontinued 49850BAGM.

Got message that they have S6588B

L&W seem very close & do not see a value for H.
Ah = 95 so a bit higher than the 92Ah in the 49850BAGM.
Has 4 year warranty which is better than Interstate.
I cannot tell from the photos if the + terminal is on the Right side when label faces you. This is how it was with the 49850BAGM.
I do not know the cost.
I can't find a store online or local that sells it.
Their website directed me to: Walmart, PepBoys & Advance Auto Parts.
None carry it.
I will call Boesch during business hours when I have time.

I heard that no Costco in Phoenix or nearby have Interstate in stock & the Interstate distributor apparently increased price from $233 last February to $274 now. (3rd hand information so YMMV)

That old Bosch used to be <$150 @ Pepboys but, I think it was Internet sale.

I like Bosch AGM bc I have it in my rarely driven Jag & I almost never charge it & still SOH was 89% after 3 years when I last checked it last month.
Bosch S6588B S6 Flat Plate AGM Battery
Rock Auto and Amazon both sell it, but I have no comment on whether that is the correct battery for your Macan 😀

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bosch S6588B S6 Flat Plate AGM Battery
Rock Auto and Amazon both sell it, but I have no comment on whether that is the correct battery for your Macan 😀
No reason to believe it’s not the correct battery. Rock Auto charges $230 plus $15 for shipping. Looks like there’s no program for giving you a small refund if you exchange the old battery. Amazon is not competitive on this at all.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #806
I was not aware that car batteries can be shipped.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I know Rock Auto, Amazon, Autozone and Advance Auto do. Might be limited to AGM's.

·
Super Moderator
2,679 Posts
How would batteries otherwise manage to arrive at retail locations?

Years ago I bought lead-acid batteries form a wholesaler that came dry. I had to buy a separate acid
pack with which to fill the battery. That was packaged as an acid filled plastic bag contained in a box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just an FYI of my experience. 2016 Macan S, felt on cold days (was 39f this morning) the battery seemed weak turning the engine over and I’d occasionally get a few electrical gremlins (check L/R rear tail light message, etc) so decided it was time to replace. Local Porsche dealer wanted $800, another Porsche dealer an hour away wanted $650. That’s Ridiculous... and IMO those that say pay it cause of all sorts of sky is falling warnings... B.S.

Mine had a Varta h7 75ah battery from the factory. Costco had an Interstate (Exide is manufacturer) 80ah h7 with more CCA for $175.($15 core fee, 36 month warranty) Hooked up one of my motorcycle batteries through jumper cables to the jumper fake studs up front. Swapped the battery in maybe 10 minutes and voila, Done. Piece of Cake.

A local independent euro shop quoted me $35 to register battery to car. Tbh, I think the computer senses the battery charging needs on its own, my old battery charging would show ~ 15.4 voltage once going (was at 12 something immediately upon starting) and with new battery never got above 14.1 or so, same temperature etc. This is without registration to cars management system... I’m gonna pay the $35 and get it done, but I’m suspicious what difference it’ll make.

Reactions: iconoclast

·
Registered
CPO 2016 Macan turbo Carrara White Metallic
31 Posts
Just an FYI of my experience. 2016 Macan S, felt on cold days (was 39f this morning) the battery seemed weak turning the engine over and I’d occasionally get a few electrical gremlins (check L/R rear tail light message, etc) so decided it was time to replace. Local Porsche dealer wanted $800, another Porsche dealer an hour away wanted $650. That’s Ridiculous... and IMO those that say pay it cause of all sorts of sky is falling warnings... B.S.

Mine had a Varta h7 75ah battery from the factory. Costco had an Interstate (Exide is manufacturer) 80ah h7 with more CCA for $175.($15 core fee, 36 month warranty) Hooked up one of my motorcycle batteries through jumper cables to the jumper fake studs up front. Swapped the battery in maybe 10 minutes and voila, Done. Piece of Cake.

A local independent euro shop quoted me $35 to register battery to car. Tbh, I think the computer senses the battery charging needs on its own, my old battery charging would show ~ 15.4 voltage once going (was at 12 something immediately upon starting) and with new battery never got above 14.1 or so, same temperature etc. This is without registration to cars management system... I’m gonna pay the $35 and get it done, but I’m suspicious what difference it’ll make.
Lots of money can be saved by diyer !
Just need tork wrench n screws

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts

How long have you been using the new battery without registration?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I’m suspicious what difference it’ll make.
You might want to read thse two articles:
and
Sincerely doubt the manufacturers that now call for battery registration are making up the need for it. Why would they? They don't make any $ off it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Advance Auto sells a Die Hard Platinum AGM battery that is the same group size as the Macan as well. For $220 it sounds like a good price...

DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size H9, 950 CCA H9-AGM: Advance Auto Parts

Amp Hour:100 Ah
Cold Cranking Amperage:950 A
Cranking Amperage:1000 A
Height:7.5 in
Length:15.562 in
Negative Terminal Location:Top Left
Positive Terminal Location:Top Right
Reserve Capacity:190 min
Terminal Type:Top Mount
Voltage:12 VDC
Weight:65.4 lbs
Width:6.937 in

They also have a slightly smaller group size H8: DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size H8, 900 CCA H8-AGM: Advance Auto Parts

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Only size H8 fits Macan.

Reactions: iconoclast

·
Registered
167 Posts
Only size H8 fits Macan.
Are you sure? Any time I have been looking I have seen both H9 and H8 fitting. The only difference seems to be a length of 14 in vs 15.5 in. Width and height are the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How long have you been using the new battery without registration?
I used the battery for one day before taking it to local euro shop to have it registered. We had to use the original batteries part and serial(?) numbers to complete the registration, newer battery didn’t have those numbers that would “fit” the computer, which I’m sure doesn’t matter. What mattered was the battery amperage characteristics. It successfully programmed a new battery event.
Re battery size. Both H7 and H8, in mine i kinda think H9 would be a tight squeeze.
$175 for almost exact same as OEM battery,
$35 to program.

Dealer, $800. Make your decision, mine was easy. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I did read the Steve Sorensen article. Didn’t really change anything I said RE registering a battery. (As long as battery swap is relatively the same, I.e. don’t go from AGM to lead acid)

Reactions: jzwu

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used the battery for one day before taking it to local euro shop to have it registered. We had to use the original batteries part and serial(?) numbers to complete the registration, newer battery didn’t have those numbers that would “fit” the computer, which I’m sure doesn’t matter. What mattered was the battery amperage characteristics. It successfully programmed a new battery event.
Re battery size. Both H7 and H8, in mine i kinda think H9 would be a tight squeeze.
$175 for battery, $35 to program.

Dealer, $800. Make your decision, mine was easy. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Is that Interstate battery you got from Costco an AGM battery?

801 - 820 of 875 Posts