Porsche Macan Forum banner

621 - 640 of 715 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Besides replacing the battery, you need to have a computer to program the battery to work with the car.
Watch this video
Nice Video.... My replay had no sound. Generally not needed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So can more than two of us agree, that as of today, the Autel MD808 Pro is the "best buy" scanner to purchase? Have two P-cars that are flashing"Oil Change now," but want battery, and service, and brakes capability.
I'm ready to pull the trigger! Thanks!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
@seberian is it called X431 V now? Where’s the best place to buy? Thank you!
Anyone else? Thank you!

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Anytime!

siberian

PS BTW since I also work on my RS5 (until I can sell it), a couple of Touaregs, the Macan and a friend's Q7 this analyzer covers them all. Plus it's wireless so I don't have to drag a cable between a PC and the OBD2 connector. Your first trip to the dealer will tell you what a bargain this is.

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S & 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
46 Posts
If the autel MD808 pro can do all of those things, why would you spend $800 on the Launch? I understand it might be better. But if he just wants basics.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I gave him my opinion as I work on a range of vehicles. When I talked to Autel in January they said they didn't cover any recent Macans (later than 2018). Also the fact I don't need to bother with a cable is worth it as well as the other remote functions.

siberian

·
Registered
2015 Porsche Macan S & 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
46 Posts
I gave him my opinion as I work on a range of vehicles. When I talked to Autel in January they said they didn't cover any recent Macans (later than 2018). Also the fact I don't need to bother with a cable is worth it as well as the other remote functions.

siberian
Yeah, I know it was an opinion, I was just curious whether it was an opinion on which was best or if you were saying the Autel could not do battery registration, which I've read it can (at least for me and my MY2015).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your MY2015 should be covered. Here is the answer I posted some time ago from Autel dated, September 2019:

Raul Andrade <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Re. Macan S 2020
Date:
September 4, 2019 at 07:04:11 AKDT
To: ***
Reply-To: Raul Andrade <[email protected]>
The lowest tool we have that can read that would be a mx808 but i cannot recommend that because of the year of the vehicle you have the mx808 only goes up to around 2017 and some 2018 i would have to recommend a ms906bt that covers 2019 and going into 2020 but we do not have that software yet because of your year

--
Technical Support | Autel North America
Office: 631.923.2620
Fax: 631.357.3304
Email: [email protected] | Web: www.autel.com
175 Central Avenue, suite 200, Farmingdale, New York, 11735
Check out our latest AUTEL TOOLS CATALOG
The Launch covers 2020 and updates are very regular (I had at least 4 concerning Porsche) since I bought the unit. Good luck

siberian

·
Registered
96 Posts
So if I have a 2014 911, and a 2015 Macan Turbo, and wanted the "big four," oil, service, batt, and brakes. The Autel MD808 would suffice?
The only other thing I would like to do is raise boost display, for Cobb tune. Which can do that(probably not worth extra $500, if Autel can't)?
@siberian thank you for your opinion, you don't make choice easy! It's not that I couldn't do the extra $$$, for the X431, I would just rather not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You have the facts to the best of my knowledge, your choice.

siberian

·
Registered
96 Posts
I decide I'll go for the Launch. So I start researching the launch x431... Can some one shed some light. There are USA, and Chinese versions? Different support teams?
Which one to buy, and from where? Amazon/eBay vs west coast, and/or their distributors? x431 Torque/Turbo? vs. x431 V pro mini?
Now I''m really confused! Thank You!!

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
I decide I'll go for the Launch. So I start researching the launch x431... Can some one shed some light. There are USA, and Chinese versions? Different support teams?
Which one to buy, and from where? Amazon/eBay vs west coast, and/or their distributors? x431 Torque/Turbo? vs. x431 V pro mini?
Now I''m really confused! Thank You!!

Did you miss it? Forum member siberian has one. He's been using it extensively. I've seen several posts on its
capabilities - perhaps they were over in the rennlist forum?

If you can, check over there in the Macan subforum.

He's also provided an Amazon link (above?) for the model to buy - that site contains numerous reviews with pro/con comments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Some of the discussions mentioned ended up on the Rennlist forum and wasn't even in the Macan forum but the Cayenne one as it was started as a general thread to cover all electronic mods using an analyzer. It ended up by default being the Launch. The topic has been covered extensively here (if you look under battery registration) as well as under the previously mentioned Cayenne thread. I'm not going to rehash all that but simply to say that having been an extensive VAG-COM user for well over a dozen years on Touaregs, RS5s and Q7s one of the biggest benefits in the x431 over that and others is the wireless functionality where I don't have work having a bulky PC tethered by a cable to the OBD2 port.

siberian

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
An interesting video related to this, especially the last third of it. I don't always agree with what Scotty says, but most of the time his videos are spot on:

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm not sure what 32 pages you read, but once and for all, the x431can.

siberian

621 - 640 of 715 Posts