Porsche Macan Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had mine done. 2015 Macan Turbo, at ~85,400 km (~53,000 miles). Pretty quick service (2 days turnaround total), no charge due to the extended warranty I'd purchased about a year ago.

The invoice shows 3.72 hours labour, the updated transfer box (POR 95B341010AX) plus a few miscellaneous parts (hose clamp, pan head screws, 3 drive shafts POR 95834919100 and a vibration damper POR 0B4409309G). But no item prices and no amount totals.

Vehicle drives very well again. Hopefully this updated transfer box will run many years without failing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just had mine done. 2015 Macan Turbo, at ~85,400 km (~53,000 miles). Pretty quick service (2 days turnaround total), no charge due to the extended warranty I'd purchased about a year ago.

The invoice shows 3.72 hours labour, the updated transfer box (POR 95B341010AX) plus a few miscellaneous parts (hose clamp, pan head screws, 3 drive shafts POR 95834919100 and a vibration damper POR 0B4409309G). But no item prices and no amount totals.

Vehicle drives very well again. Hopefully this updated transfer box will run many years without failing.

Hi Squire,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience, Am from the GTA and would like to know if after you purchased the extended warranty, did they require you to do regular maintenance work thru the dealer for the warranty extension to be valid or did you maintain it DIY or to Indy's and no questions where asked when your TC was replaced or repaired?
Also, did you pay for the required 110 point inspection separately before they accepted it for warranty extension, if so how much did you pay for it and how much did you pay for the 2 year warranty extension itself?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went to Nashua first last February, they just totally brushed me off, I had them do an oil change and code my trailer hitch, but wouldn’t spend any time on the buck issue.
I went to Porsche Norwell twice, great people there, first time they enabled carplay for me and second time did an Oil change, so it wasn’t just a complaint about the buck they were also getting paid to do something. But Norwell said it’s the summer tires, it’s the ground isn’t flat or the tires are skipping, everything but the issue.
brought it to Porsche of Burlington Tuesday just for this issue and they saw it right away. Haven’t got an update yet, but I think they will take care of it finally!
Keep us posted on P of Burlington. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Squire,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience, Am from the GTA and would like to know if after you purchased the extended warranty, did they require you to do regular maintenance work thru the dealer for the warranty extension to be valid or did you maintain it DIY or to Indy's and no questions where asked when your TC was replaced or repaired?
Also, did you pay for the required 110 point inspection separately before they accepted it for warranty extension, if so how much did you pay for it and how much did you pay for the 2 year warranty extension itself?

Thanks in advance.
Hello JMS:

They did not verbally require, nor did the extended warranty state that I needed to do regular maintenance with them, but I did it basically by default. When the original manufacturer's warranty was about to expire, I had that dealer do their inspection with the expectation that if it passed, my vehicle would qualify for a CPO type extended warranty. I paid for that CPO inspection (iirc, it was about $280 CAN), the car passed (after some warranty work was done), and I purchased the warranty. I've paid the 'Porsche Tax' for two oil/filter changes since then.

I trust and like my local Indie, but I've had only good service by my 'local' Porsche service center, so I've had little reason to change, so far, especially since the vehicle is still under (extended-) warranty. I've had a loaner vehicle from the Porsche service center each time I've left the vehicle for service, no hassles. I figure high prices for service are high, at least in part, to pay for the loaners.

No questions (other than to diagnose the issue) we're asked by my SA. He's been great.

The 2 year warranty cost $3950 CAN +/- a few.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Keep us posted on P of Burlington. Thanks

Called today for an update, they are going to drain the transmission fluid to inspect it tomorrow to ensure it was done when it should have been and is the correct fluid. Mine has just under 56k miles, I bought it CPO at 46k miles, and I have info from a dealer the 40k service was done at 39k.
Hoping all will turn out okay. Supposed to leave to drive back to Florida next Wednesday, not sure I will have the Macan back or take this loaner.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’ve got 32k miles on mine and fluid hasn’t been changed.
Interested in hearing what they say about your TC.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone ever have dealer pushback when trying to get your TC problem diagnosed? Been dealing with this problem for well over a year now but haven't had time to really press the issue at the dealer. Car is back at the dealer now for some other warranty work and once again, they're saying they can't find anything wrong with how it drives. Going back later this week so I can try to replicate the problem to the tech so hopefully they can finally fix the issue.

Any advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Anyone ever have dealer pushback when trying to get your TC problem diagnosed? Been dealing with this problem for well over a year now but haven't had time to really press the issue at the dealer. Car is back at the dealer now for some other warranty work and once again, they're saying they can't find anything wrong with how it drives. Going back later this week so I can try to replicate the problem to the tech so hopefully they can finally fix the issue.

Any advice? Thanks.
When it occurs stop and take the time to take a picture with your cell phone with the mileage showing and if you have video on your phone describe what occured at what time and what date as this may become important to get this resolved.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When it occurs stop and take the time to take a picture with your cell phone with the mileage showing and if you have video on your phone describe what occured at what time and what date as this may become important to get this resolved.
Tried that. Unfortunately symptoms are really hard to capture on video since you "feel" it while sitting in the car. So my best bet is to just get it to reproduce as many of the symptoms as I can while the tech is riding along with me

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Put car in offroad mode, slowly reverse and turning steering wheel all the way left and right. It should be very obvious. This test has been documented on the forum extensively.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Well I am sad to say my beloved 2018 GTS is getting a new transfer case on Tuesday. I took it in today for its 2 year service at 13,500 miles. They gave me a beautiful Miami Blue 2019 base to drive around in and I noticed that the loaner had more get up and go than my GTS. When I got home I was going to call the dealer and ask him, but he beat me to the call and he called me. He told me that he noticed a problem when he was driving it into the bay. They are going to order the part on first thing on Monday and hopefully have me in mine Tuesday afternoon. When he was explaining to me what he noticed, I go oh the transfer case is bad, right?

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Well I am sad to say my beloved 2018 GTS is getting a new transfer case on Tuesday. I took it in today for its 2 year service at 13,500 miles. They gave me a beautiful Miami Blue 2019 base to drive around in and I noticed that the loaner had more get up and go than my GTS. When I got home I was going to call the dealer and ask him, but he beat me to the call and he called me. He told me that he noticed a problem when he was driving it into the bay. They are going to order the part on first thing on Monday and hopefully have me in mine Tuesday afternoon. When he was explaining to me what he noticed, I go oh the transfer case is bad, right?
what is your build date?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Put car in offroad mode, slowly reverse and turning steering wheel all the way left and right. It should be very obvious. This test has been documented on the forum extensively.
I did this exact thing and told the tech. He said car should never be put in offroad mode on pavement and said by doing so I was causing the transfer case to fail and that its normal for car to buck on pavement. I'm honestly sick of going back and forth with them. 2nd time ive brought it up now, and this was at a different dealership too. I just wish my symptoms were more "drastic" or that the transfer case would fail even more so they could go ahead and replace it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What did he describe the symptoms to you as? And did you ever notice anything yourself before driving the loaner?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
What did he describe the symptoms to you as? And did you ever notice anything yourself before driving the loaner?
He told me that it was shuttering (what ever that means) as he drove it into the bay. It’s not like he was going far or fast. When I got to the dealer their 3 car bay was full and I had to park on the outside.

I noticed that it took a bit to get out of first from a dead stop at a stop light. Just no real pep when I accelerated while in comfort mode. I just thought it was normal because I was comparing my GTS to my little S5. Now when I would accelerate from a dead stop my S5 would take off with no problems and I would have to catch myself from speeding. I just figured the GTS was different because the S5 has a supercharged engine and of course it was smaller and lighter than the GTS so it would have more get up and go.

This past summer when I went to PEC in Atlanta I drove with the same coach that delivered my car and I was telling him what I was noticing when comparing the get up and go between my two cars and he told me that I need to just put the car in sport mode the minute I turn it on and that would solve my problem. Which of course in sport and sport + I had no trouble getting the car to shift and take off.

If the dealer didn’t call me I was going to call him and ask him to take the car for a spin around the block to see if he noticed the lack of get up and go from a stop. As you read posts in this thread I am very lucky my dealer was proactive and is taking care of this. Other folks have not been as lucky as me having to brow beat their dealer to get this problem fixed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Anyone know if doing several launch controls in a short period of time contributes to TC problems in the original TC design?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone know if doing several launch controls in a short period of time contributes to TC problems in the original TC design?

I have never carried out a launch control in my GTS that’s still in for the issue 2 weeks later. Judging by what I have been told about the prior owner, highly doubt they did it ever. I started launch control once for the exhaust noise, and then just let off the gas and waited for it to calm down and then took off like normal. Love the noise, but was afraid of harming it.

281 - 300 of 302 Posts