Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remus USA Inc. is the official US Importer and Distributor for REMUS Exhaust Systems! We have released the new REMUS sport exhaust for the PORSCHE Macan Turbo, 2014=>

Shot blasted stainless steel sport exhaust system, fitted with integrated
electrical actuators and valves that seamlessly integrate with the Factory
Sport Button set up.

This is available as an Axle Back set up or as a full Cat Back set up with
stainless steel connection tubes/crossover tube and cat back front tubes
with flexible joints.The tube size is increased from 65MM to 70MM with the
Remus Set Up.

We offer two sets of quad tip options. The first is 4 chrome 102MM angled Tips and the second option is 4 Carbon Fiber 102MM angled Tips with
Titanium Internals.

Please feel free to PM me with any inquiries and I will be more than
happy to assist.

Please check out our official website RemusUSA - Official distributor for Remus Exhaust

Part Numbers Included in Image Above

689014 0100- L/R stainless steel Cat-Back front tubes with flexible joints, with EEC homologation. Original tube: Ø 65 mm REMUS tube: Ø 70 mm

689014 0000- Dual stainless steel connection tubes with crossover tube, with EEC homologation Original tube: Ø 65 mm REMUS tube: Ø 70 mm

689014 0500LR- L/R stainless steel sport exhaust system, fitted with integrated electrical actuators and valves, with EEC homologation Original tube: Ø 65 mm REMUS tube: Ø 70 mm

0046 70CSS- Tail pipe set L/R consisting of 4 Carbon tail pipes Ø 102 mm angled/angled, Titanium internals, with adjustable spherical clamp connection

0046 70CSS

0046 70SS

·
Registered
332 Posts
We offer two sets of quad tip options. The first is 4 chrome 102MM angled Tips and the second option is 4 Carbon Fiber 102MM angled Tips with
Titanium Internals.

How much for a set of just the Carbon Tips? Those are sweet.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I'm curious as to noise levels compared to stock as well as PSE equipped Macan Turbos. Do you have any data? I enjoy the quiet of my Turbo for daily driving but would like to "turn it up" when necessary. Your exhaust is potentially a way to do that...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remus Macan

PM's have been sent. Thank you for your inquiries. We have one left in stock until our next shipment arrives and will give a Forum discount should anyone be interested. Please feel free to OM me for additional info. Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm curious as to noise levels compared to stock as well as PSE equipped Macan Turbos. Do you have any data? I enjoy the quiet of my Turbo for daily driving but would like to "turn it up" when necessary. Your exhaust is potentially a way to do that...
I put on the Remus axel back and love it. I've never heard PSE so cannot comment on that. I can assure you that Remus is a wonderful solution to an awesome car that is simply to quiet to be considered an aggressive CUV.

I started to get a little bored of the Macan due to the lack of sound. The Remus exhaust solved the issue. It definitely is not loud in the cabin but you get the emotive sounds of a sports car when you have the sports button on. Nice subtle burbles when you let off the gas. IF you shut off the sports button it is nearly as quiet as the stock exhaust.

The only thing you don't get is a LOUD option and I believe this is due to the turbo engine. My 981S with PSE is a trouble maker. I think the combination of Remus and the turbo engine is a perfect balance for this CUV. I am very happy that I went out on a limb and did this.

Axel back is much simpler than cat back to install. I found a muffler shop that did it for a bit over $100.

No hard data here but my impressions after driving with Remus for a month now.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I was sorta hoping you'd chime in, @SBU, thanks.

You say that with the switch off, it's nearly as quiet as the stock exhaust? I know it's a difficult question but can you quantify? If the stock exhaust is a 3 on a 1-10 scale, would the Remus be a 4? 5? Can you hear it around town with the radio on? Any droning on the highway?

What about when you fire it up?

Also, can you explain how you have it wired to sport and/or PSE buttons? Are there multiple valves that can be opened?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was sorta hoping you'd chime in, @SBU, thanks.

You say that with the switch off, it's nearly as quiet as the stock exhaust? I know it's a difficult question but can you quantify? If the stock exhaust is a 3 on a 1-10 scale, would the Remus be a 4? 5? Can you hear it around town with the radio on? Any droning on the highway?

What about when you fire it up?

Also, can you explain how you have it wired to sport and/or PSE buttons? Are there multiple valves that can be opened?
I suppose I'd say a 4 as compared to stock . . . with the radio on I hear nothing but the radio. With all the windows open and sunroof open I hear the muffler, very muted, much better than the boring stock exhaust (IMHO of course and I respect anyone who likes stock, it just was not for me). I use bluetooth phone a lot for business calls and with the sports button off the calls are as clean as with stock exhaust.

Here is what I had to learn. The valves are controlled by the Sports button period, a PSE button does nothing. This was first told to me by my dealership and then confirmed by Remus Europe. I had initially thought the PSE button was one stage and the second "LOUD" stage was to get the PSE button or remote control. There are no obnoxiously loud sounds like my 981S w/ PSE. I suppose if you want to drive with the sports button off and the valves open you need to get the remote. I am opting not to get a remote. I am perfectly happy to have the sports button activate it, one button and the engine dynamics change, handling changes and the muffler opens up. Pretty cool actually.

I have experienced zero drone (unlike my 981S). When you fire up from cold of course the thing is singing. It is much louder than a cold start from the stock muffler (hard to quantify but maybe 30-40% louder). I love the cold starts on the Macan, stock or Remus, it's a glorious 10 seconds. The difference now is I don't do from glorious to nothing as I did with the stock exhaust. I just press Sport button and the singing continues only quieter!

If anyone is in So Cal and wants to meet up to hear this muffler I would welcome it (I am in LA). We could do a side by side test with either stock or PSE...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Thanks, @SBU. I'm confused as to what the PSE button does then? Does it replace the valve actuator in the Sport button and allow you to get the deeper exhaust note without Sport pressed???

·
Registered
215 Posts
If anyone is in So Cal and wants to meet up to hear this muffler I would welcome it (I am in LA). We could do a side by side test with either stock or PSE...
Happy to once I get mine in. Should be mid-end of March: Turbo w/ PSE

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks, @SBU. I'm confused as to what the PSE button does then? Does it replace the valve actuator in the Sport button and allow you to get the deeper exhaust note without Sport pressed???
It is very confusing and the early information I got from the dealer does not match what I am being told now. I think early on there was not enough info.

I am not entirely positive if the PSE button can be hooked up to the Remus, the tech in service says no. Once I learned that the sports button opened up the valve that's all I needed to put the matter to sleep.

If anyone has a delivery on PSE maybe they can let us know the difference between just the sports button on and sports button + PSE?

I am being led to believe I can do a remote control (without sports button activated I am told it will open the valve). I find that unnecessary and a gimmick that I personally would not use. The two modes work for me, ON (as in I am driving like I stole it) or OFF!

BTW, I think I changed my opinion after my last post. When cruising on the highway there is not much difference in stock vs. Remus with the sports button off. Today though I had to go across town and I use a lot of back streets, stop signs, speed bumps, etc. The drive means I am stopping and hitting the gas quite a bit. I listened carefully and with the Sports button off it is louder than stock and with the stereo on you do hear it. The point though is that it's a nice sound and that of a somewhat quiet sports car. It's all so subjective, all I can say is I am happy with everything I am hearing and it solved my personal issue with the stock exhaust.

Interestingly, the tech I spoke with said he and his colleagues were all a bit surprised when the first Macans hit. They all thought it would have more emotive Porsche sounds.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Happy to once I get mine in. Should be mid-end of March: Turbo w/ PSE
See Jane work on ticking those boxes! LOL! I thought I went hog wild on my 92K build. My eyes popped out when I opened yours, nice work Jane! Looks amazing. A lot of things you ticked (fortunately!!) were not available when I built mine ;) You've got one mean machine coming out of Deutschland!

My personal motto, "Why stop now?"! So when ticking boxes the motto empties the bank account very quickly :eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
See Jane work on ticking those boxes! LOL! I thought I went hog wild on my 92K build. My eyes popped out when I opened yours, nice work Jane! Looks amazing. A lot of things you ticked (fortunately!!) were not available when I built mine ;) You've got one mean machine coming out of Deutschland!

My personal motto, "Why stop now?"! So when ticking boxes the motto empties the bank account very quickly :eek:
LOL

Or "Why stop now when I can spend another 10k?!" If I'm already in the 90's, might as well go for the glory and get exactly what I want. You can't take it with you when you die!

·
Registered
546 Posts
LOL

Or "Why stop now when I can spend another 10k?!" If I'm already in the 90's, might as well go for the glory and get exactly what I want. You can't take it with you when you die!
EXACTLY! I went in thinking I was "possibly" going to buy an "S" in the 60's. Two hours later I was driving home with a contract for a 92K Turbo (and Euro delivery to boot!). Come to think of it I spent about 12K in Europe, all first class cruising in the new beast to 5 countries. When the heck did I get the itch while sitting at the dealer to take Euro delivery? Well, when they said it's free. Of course I was so excited about having bought this machine I did not think of the cost of the trip!

It's all good and money all well spent. Bucket list item has been to do a Euro delivery and doing it with a Porsche was awesome (as was driving on the Autobahn at 150-mph!).

My accountant tells me all the time, you can't pull a U-Haul behind the hearse so have some fun! (he drives a 100K beemer).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Remus

@SBU Thank you for your post and explanation and experience with your Remus system. I am glad that you are happy with the system and I hope we were able to clear everything up as far as the Sport Button integration goes. We sold out of our last system and we have more on the way if anyone is interested please feel free to PM me and we can discuss further.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Macan Remus Exhaust

Please feel free to contact me for special forum member discount for our Remus exhaust systems for the Macan Turbo. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts